• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody used 2002AD for paint and interior work?

net30

I can say that I am very happy with Regan's work at World Class Restoration. He never has less than 3 2002's in his shop at various stages. He calls with questions/suggestions all the way through the process and will fix it right. He drives an 02 and knows it well. Oh and he has reasonable pricing compared to other shops I visited and saw their work before choosing him.

As for interior work, he would send it to a shop nearby.

He even had several of my items powder coated by a guy nearby and it didn't come out nice, so sent it back and came out fantastic..

Good luck, but I would recommend a person that has done 02s and not just any body shop. We have a car that has unique qualities and worry spots. That and assembly / upgrades that only an experienced 02 person would know.

74 2002 Restore/Upgrade Project - M2

08 Alpina B7

Do you know if World Class Restoration has a website? I tried the number listed above and got a wrong number? I agree completely that the time spent on body prep is far more important than who shoots the car. I've seen plenty of cars that look great from 15' and when examined close....merde.

I'm curious as to how many of you guys who have taken the extra steps to rust-proof panels and hidden areas before paint is applied. Seam sealer seems like an obvious step but what about going 1 or 2 steps further to prevent rust further down the road? Thanks for all the feedback!

73 2002 tii 2763480

08 Carrera S

09 528i

Do you know if World Class Restoration has a website? I tried the number listed above and got a wrong number? I agree completely that the time spent on body prep is far more important than who shoots the car. I've seen plenty of cars that look great from 15' and when examined close....merde.

I'm curious as to how many of you guys who have taken the extra steps to rust-proof panels and hidden areas before paint is applied. Seam sealer seems like an obvious step but what about going 1 or 2 steps further to prevent rust further down the road? Thanks for all the feedback!

Google is your friend.....http://www.worldclass1600.com/index.htm

I know little about them, someone else may...good luck

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

As far as I know Ben and those guys at 2002 Ad don't do their own body work....they sub it out...so...??? Why ship your car so far?

Check out these guys in Florida...looks like they must have some pretty good paint and body workers and or contacts....

http://s94994139.onlinehome.us/gallery/albums.php?set_albumListPage=1

Rey

I'm a BMW Zombie and there's no cure!

My thought on the subject is you should ship that car back to FL, then get the work done locally. Maybe have a local FAQer look at it in Cali for you...

Talk to Rennie at redline.

http://www.redline-racing.com

Or Raoul (sp?) at Ultimate Euro in davie

http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=ultimate+euro+florida&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=ultimate+euro&hnear=Florida,+USA&cid=17077037458060448881&dtab=2&ei=M-4pTfI404CcB-vzwNwB&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBgQqgUwAA

Raoul mentioned that he either knows of or works with a good body shop. Recommend them both, Rennie did my 2002's 320i rad upgrade back around 1997. Great work and no bullshit honest shop. both are great for mechanical and should be able to point you to a good shop for body.

• 4 weeks later...

In Birmingham Alabama there is a place called Impatient Creations (http://www.impatientcreations.com/) and I have seen their work - beyond nice. They specialize in German and muscle cars. They also do a ton with upgrades and modifications, check them out. My brother-in-law had a 73 Mustang Mach 1 painted there - the paint was like glass.

A lot closer for you.

Former owner of Ivory, first 02, 74 base Chamonix Automatch with AC

Former owner of Ebony, '76 Schwarz, never missed a Grateful Dead concert

You drive new cars, you experience an '02