• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misspelled

tjones02

Misspelled words and such are really getting to me on the forum recently. Can't anyone get their, there, they're and to, too, two correct?

Their shure are allot of braking breaks heare on a regeular bacis.......

When someone shoots off bad information AND misspells, miss capitalizes (no offense to those with broken caps lock buttons....) their words a long the way it just makes them look SO uneducated. I really only have a high school with some college education, but at least I know how to turn the spell check on and do have some halfway decent sentence structure. Though, I don't go on math or engineering forums for good reason....

If English isn't the first language of a foreign poster I fully understand. If you are living in America, English (whether official or not) is the language of the land and you just look stupid.

I will step down from my box now. Thank you for reading....

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Na, that one wasn't the straw that broke this camel's back, it was this one by rover1....

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=50&page=viewtopic&p=779876#779876

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

It bothers me too even though I'm the foreign one and my English isn't perfect at all! Some people are just too lazy to write correctly. It depreciates the value of their comments in my eyes at least. It's the same on Finnish forums too.

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

yes- the improper use of language has traditionally been a marker of low intellect and/or education. almost all societies judge members on their success or failure to communicate with style.

also, text slang is inappropriate here. when you sit at a full qwerty keyboard there is no reason to abbreviate (and consequently misspell) words like your, etc. do people really laugh out loud as frequently as they claim they do?

looser- they way your pants fit after a week backpacking. loser- a person who habitually sucks at life.

robert w.

"Misspelled words and such are really getting to me on the forum recently. Can't anyone get their, there, they're and to, too, two correct?

Their shure are allot of braking breaks heare on a regeular bacis.......

When someone shoots off bad information AND misspells, miss capitalizes (no offense to those with broken caps lock buttons....) their words a long the way it just makes them look SO uneducated. I really only have a high school with some college education, but at least I know how to turn the spell check on and do have some halfway decent sentence structure. Though, I don't go on math or engineering forums for good reason....

If English isn't the first language of a foreign poster I fully understand. If you are living in America, English (whether official or not) is the language of the land and you just look stupid........."

Vote for Miss Capitalizes! She's pretty and talented!

heeheehee! ;) sorry, i just had to!

matt

FAQ member #4044

Na, that one wasn't the straw that broke this camel's back, it was this one by rover1....

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=50&page=viewtopic&p=779876#779876

yeah, the killer for me in that thread was some guy named tom posting,

"I'm sorry, but that offset falls in the ideal range of et24 to et28 for 15x7 wheels om an '02."

om? what is om? spell check much?

:-P

LOL!

marshall "i don't use caps"...

2xM3

I'll forgive the misspelled words, especially if the correct letter is right next to the incorrect letter. Example given: 'om' when they meant to say 'on'. Fat fingers are in no way an indicator of intelligence.

Mis-use of words is much less forgiveable.

As for the ESL bend, there was a good bit on the old "I Love Lucy" show in which Ricky is trying to read to his son and having much difficulty with the 'ough' sound in words like tough, and through, and cough.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

yes- the improper use of language has traditionally been a marker of low intellect and/or education. almost all societies judge members on their success or failure to communicate with style.

also, text slang is inappropriate here. when you sit at a full qwerty keyboard there is no reason to abbreviate (and consequently misspell) words like your, etc. do people really laugh out loud as frequently as they claim they do?

looser- they way your pants fit after a week backpacking. loser- a person who habitually sucks at life.

robert w.

It's hard to take you seriously with your improper use of em dashes and lack of capitalization.