• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What I Did...

GreenBeam

Rumor has it that BMW built a prototype 2002 around 2000s, must be hidden somewhere in Munich. They scrapped the idea in favor of Mini. They are still fooling with the idea at least in tii form, as evidenced from 1 series tii show car.

I heard the same thing, supposedly was coming out before 2010...until they scrapped the idea. Pretty easy, just take the 1 series and cut the weight 500lbs. Once you design a car for a certain weight target you can slim down all the components instead of using 3-series parts and reduce the weight further. A 2600-2700lb 1er shouldn't be too hard to produce, especially with recent developments like ZF's carbon fiber strut assemblies for compact cars.

Edit: IMO a little too camaro-ish. if I had a scanner I'd upload mine from a few years ago.