• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M2 madness

M3M3

And the afternoon project…installing the rear IE sway bar.

Much use of the bench grinder and vise needed.

Ground the bushings down so that they would fit in the brackets (which I had to bend both further open and bend the tab out on)

DSCN4527.jpg

DSCN4528.jpg

Then used longer bolts on the inner position to pull the bracket on.

DSCN4532.jpg

DSCN4531.jpg

Still to tight for my tastes, but it is on. A bracket 1/8in deeper would be so much easier. If only someone made one.

DSCN4530.jpg

DSCN4529.jpg

2xM3

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back! Glad you made touchdown with all the horrendous wind yesterday. We've got about 5 lbs. of sand in the driveway (again).

You were in S.A. while I was in Ohio where it was (according to the Dash-8 Continental Pilot) "a balmy 12 degrees" Wednesday morning landing in Cleveland.

No offense intended to those Ohio folks here.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

not very visible, but some progress today.

finished the valve adjust by putting in the specific height shims to get the right gap. now i have lots of extra 3.65mm shims left over. then put valve cover gasket and cover one, gap'd and screwed in some new spark plugs, and installed the dist cap, rotor and plug wires.

DSCN4537.jpg

next up, put together a remote mount system for the oil pressure sender so it would not be subject to engine vibrations.

DSCN4535.jpg

more tomorrow.

2xM3

then worked on the fuel pump. mounting the high pressure pump in trunk to the rear shock tower brace. found old pump bracket in the used parts bin. distributor brackets work great in the fuel system...the 048 bosch pump fits perfectly, as does a tii fuel filter.

DSCN4542.jpg

painted the bracket to match shock tower bar. have to wait until tomorrow or it to dry before installing.

DSCN4544.jpg

2xM3

got the high pressure pump installed and wired. power to both HP and LP pumps comes from 14ga wire leading to engine compt. this line will be fused and connected to the C101 connector output from S14 harness. ( harness has relay for running the pumps.)

DSCN4547.jpg

DSCN4548.jpg

DSCN4545.jpg

DSCN4549.jpg

2xM3

Ya gonna install that switch that cuts power to the pump when the car's upside-down? ;-)

Cheers,

Ray

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I know that you have the in-tank pump also and that is feeding the HP pump but is there a need to worry about it possibly sucking air being mounted so far above the tank? I am still doing research with regards to fueling my beast, I was just going to use the stock pick up and get a generic HP inline pump that I was going to mount under the car. Will that work or will I need the pre-pump to feed the HP one?

Chris

I know that you have the in-tank pump also and that is feeding the HP pump but is there a need to worry about it possibly sucking air being mounted so far above the tank? I am still doing research with regards to fueling my beast, I was just going to use the stock pick up and get a generic HP inline pump that I was going to mount under the car. Will that work or will I need the pre-pump to feed the HP one?

Chris

as long as the fuel pickup in the tank is below the fuel level there is no issue with "sucking air".

eventually i will probably just ditch the two pump system for a single in-tank pump. doing it this way for now because, well, because i had all the parts and they are relatively new.

2xM3

Sorry if that sounded condescending -- it was not meant to, but I can see where it might've.

... I don't envision your car will be upside-down at your doing!

Cheers,

Ray

Ya gonna install that switch that cuts power to the pump when the car's upside-down? ;-)

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

It's all good Ray..especially with his GC suspension

pics10302010123.jpg

pics10302010120.jpg

Sorry if that sounded condescending -- it was not meant to, but I can see where it might've.

... I don't envision your car will be upside-down at your doing!

Cheers,

Ray

Cheers,

Ray

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"