• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sync-link Installed!

Has to be cheaper than a 38/38.. on a lot of levels. And being that I come from V8 land, fuel economy is still very high.

"cheaper than a 38/38".....i agree...i was only answering the question ask'd by FunElan....

ok. Let me rephrase. Cheaper than gas for a motor with 38's.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

• 2 weeks later...

Got it timed better and now the slight stumble is almost gone. I mostly have just gotten used to the differences and adjust to it.

I don't do this kind of this in this car other than for testing purposes... But the car couldn't do this before..

http://tinyurl.com/2002launch

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Ok I finally got my synk link on!!! I drove it around the block a few times and holly shit!!!!!! A world of difference. I to have the stumble that was talked about earlier. Mostly in 3rd gear at about 3500 rpm's when you try to get on it. The reason it took me so long is that I have a 1.6L 1600 motor and I had to port match the intakes on my head to match the new cannon intake manifold I bought. Iv only put about 10 miles on it so far and I definitely need to time it but my initial reaction is that it is worth the time and effort. I haven't had a chance to see what kind of gas millage difference there is yet but who cares. ITS F-ING FUN!!!! Iv gotta tinker with it a little but initial results are positive.

Rocco

Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well!

i dont understand why it does so much, what is the difference than smashing down the throtle or installing that kit ?

the size of the carb remain the same isnt it ? once both barrels are opens, well...they are open ??

dont you just get less progressive opening, ie, like a on/off gas pedal, giving a false impression of more power ?

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

pat...i'm far from smart but i believe the following part of the kit is the answer...you're feeding both sides of the carb, in all ranges with fuel

Image015-1.jpg

i know, but it is just the accelerator pump x2, once the throtle is fully opened, it shouldnt make any differences at all...

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

• 1 month later...