• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

towing with airdam...

auggiemize

I didn't want to steal Delia's thread below, but it reminded me of a question I always forget to ask....If you have a spoiler like the Kamei, or my Alpina, etc, what do you do if it needs to be towed (on to a flat bed with a hook, for example), other than re-situate the car to be towed from the rear? I've seen race cars with a "tow hook here" note and cut-out with said loop...anyone here done that? Pictures? Not really looking for trouble, Dave V. in NC

Basically, you replace the bumper support with this if you dont have a bumper. If you have a bumper, just use a strap around your bumper and the support...you just have to ensure you have a long ramp(depending on how low your car is)

I'm a BMW Zombie and there's no cure!

I'll be installing my Air Dam in a couple weeks and am going to use tamper-proof 1/4 turn fasteners. If I ever need to remove the dam, all I'll have to do is turn the fasteners and pop it off.

It's more work and more expensive to mount it this way, but I think the payoff will be to be able to easily remove it when necessary.

Carrying the torx wrench (or whatever it is) to remove the air dam seems much better to me than perennially carrying a few 2X4s in the trunk just in case.

Cheers!

1976 BMW 2002

1990 BMW 325is (newest addition)

1990 Porsche 964 C4 Cabriolet