• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

picture (nt)

Napes

The four of you look very happy together!

That Pastel car is in some nice shape there partner.

Any stories on the cars?

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

Thank you for your compliments. I'm the 2nd owner of my ' 75 Chamonix and have been driving it daily for 29 yrs. My wife's daily-driver ' 76 Pastellblau we rescured from a junk yard 12 yrs. ago, where it had sat for 5 yrs. after having sat it the previous owner's yard for 15 yrs. He'd given it new to his daughter for high school graduation, but, after a few years, she went back East to college where whe could not have a car, and so it sat.

Both cars have always been in Southern Arizona since new. Mine has 362K miles and has mostly original paint. My wife's has only 120K miles, and was repainted the original color 3 yrs. ago. I do all work and maintenance on both cars, and since I retired 2 yrs. ago, once I get the housework done, I have time to work on the cars.

It also helps that my 30 yrs old son has a professional detailing company in Tucson, and he helps keep the cars really clean when he's down here, which is nearly every weekend.

Thanks again,

Bob Napier