• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We need some misc parts

On the good side, the engine runs strong, and the car has some nice Eibach springs, Bilstien shocks, and aftermarket sway bars. On the bad side, we need some misc. parts, mainly for the interior. Idealy, someone would know of a parts car in a salvage yard near Houston. We need:

1. Both front seat belts

2. The plastic part that goes on the steering column

3. Center console and underdash parts

4. Sunvisors

Any sources would be helpful. Was very happy to discover suspension mods.

I think I have the piece for under the steering column you're talking about. It hugs the column right behind the steering wheel. Top and bottom piece. Has a VIN on top. If that's the part, let me know and we'll work it out via email. mrnvgtr atsymbol cfl.rr.com

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

they're a LOT easier to find in good condition, fit in the '02 mounting points, and (big plus) have extensions that fill in the space above the rear view mirror to help block glare when driving into the sun early or late in the day. Early (77-late 79) and late 80-83 use different vinyl patterns - the early ones are the same as '02 headliner material.

While you're at it, you might also want to consider swapping in an E21 inside rearview mirror - snaps into the same mounting hole as an '02 mirror, is bigger (you get a somewhat wider field of view) and used in conjunction with the E21 visors does a pretty good job of closing up the big opening above the mirror in an '02.

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

While you're at it, you might also want to consider swapping in an E21 inside rearview mirror - snaps into the same mounting hole as an '02 mirror, is bigger (you get a somewhat wider field of view) and used in conjunction with the E21 visors does a pretty good job of closing up the big opening above the mirror in an '02.

I did this myself, but you need to know that you will either have to notch the rubber window seal, or grind a notch in the back of the mirror arm.. But its a worthwhile addition certainly.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002