• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buyer Beware: Ebay Tii in Ohio

eurotrash

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering the same thing.

CA to OH & back for a bastard child???

Even if it is for parts I thought CA had all the 02's

I'm curious on the reasoning also. Maybe he is looking for someone to strip it here.

I paid a guy to cut metal & strip the parts I needed for a vehicle one time.

It was cheaper shipping Greyhound & paying him then to travel & bring it back from south Texas. He ended up with stuff he needed also. Worked out good for both of us.

Keep us up to date Trash.

Inquiring minds wanna know.

You guys crack me up, break cars all the time and demand 5-600 bucks for trailing arms that are steam-cleaned and rattle-can painted, and then for breakfast like to trash talk sales you're not interested in? How much of this thread (really) was worth our time today? Not even my post is worth your time ;-)

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!

I don't get it DP. I don't know anything about $500 arms as I don't cut up cars or why a guy in Cali would pay $500 for rusty Ohio arms

but, The car is clearly a bastard. Trash says a guy from Cali bought it.

I'm trying to figure out why a guy in Cali (land of 02's) would come all the way to Ohio for a trashed bastard car that had sat in a field rusting for 15 years.

The only reason I could think of was like my example when I had found a rare trashed vehicle in southern Texas.

Then it was worth it for me to find a guy to cut it up (what was left of the usable parts) and Greyhound it back to Michigan for me.

That was for a rare car that maybe 100 are left in the world.

An 02 though?

I found this sitting in trees while on a Sunday drive. Would a Cali boy buy this for parts? That's what I was asking.

Why from Cali for parts on a car that his state has thousands.

I drove by this as it is not worth my time (2 hr drive from me) to spend forever cutting this thing apart. I can get all the parts I need online easier.

100_7090.jpg

100_7094.jpg

100_7099.jpg

100_7107.jpg

Hi Mike.

It was up by Traverse City somewhere in the woods maybe Leland. I'll have to tax my memory as it was last year and I only stopped to take a pic and BS with the owner as I was tresspassing on his property.

Are you working tomorrow? I feel a cough, cough coming on and may have to bone my Co-workers tomorrow & call in. I have shit to do tomorrow.

I'll call you. I have been meaning to touch base with you just cuz were Michiganders and I haven't seen any posts or heard from you. Thought you dropped off the face....

EDIT: You got some balls taking this on as a project. Wife would shoot you if you drug this in the yard or your neighbors.

Yeah, I'm working tomorrow.

Been really busy with work....we're doing Mule builds for the new "Sebring" and I've been putting in some long days.

Ethan is keeping us really busy at home, so I haven't had time to post, but I have been lurking.

I got the 2002 out of the garage last weekend and threw a bunch of stuff out....its been collecting dust, and quite honestly, I'm not sure why I held onto the stuff....it was all worthless crap......so cleaning the garage out is a major task for me this spring....If I want to get another car, I have to, or I'll be put into the dog house....besides, I want to sheetrock the garage and paint this year.....too many years have gone by and every year I say the same thing....

Thinking of buying an old Lotus Elan or old Mini....need to do my homework though.

Edit: I've had worse than that, and my wife and neighbours have come out and helped me push it around the driveway.

Remember seeing that 1974tii that I got out of Detroit...been sitting in a half knocked down garage on the SE side....got her for free. Pics below. Racoon poop and all....

post-2347-13667622508997_thumb.jpg

post-2347-13667622510876_thumb.jpg

post-2347-13667622512453_thumb.jpg

post-2347-1366762251408_thumb.jpg

post-2347-13667622515873_thumb.jpg

post-2347-13667622517346_thumb.jpg

Looks like he took a baseball bat to your windscreen or your wife missed.

Judging from the windscreen, this tii is definitely the uber rare Elin Woods Edition.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

You guys crack me up, break cars all the time and demand 5-600 bucks for trailing arms that are steam-cleaned and rattle-can painted

For the record, he paid half that, You and I have never done business, but I have never cleaned and painted a part to get more money. Sold as is so you know what you got..

Maybe take your touring, and your 7 series-whatever, and go back to bimmer forums where uninvited anonymous spoiled brat schmack talk is a way of life. I'm a workin' man just being savvy to afford my dream. Don't disrespect that. My practices are fair.

-SO, guys. I'm not gonna drop names, because its not necessary, but here's the skinny. Apparently, the buyer was "doing his fellow ebayer a favor" and running the bid up. The problem is, he "didn't really expect to win". So in turn, I was asked to borrow a trailer, drive two hours, load a car, drive back, dismantle, pack & ship everything of value (less the rear trailing arms and the motor -less the injectors), and dispose of the shell. On top of that, I was told that the CA buyer was only willing to pitch in 5-600 to cover the parts list w/ shipping, and that I would be expected to pick up the rest of the purchase price and expenses..

YEEEAH. About that..

Funny thing is, I offered him all of the same parts from a title-less Tii that I parted just last summer for less than $860.00..

To put a period at on the conversation, I politely declined the offer. - But inside, I'm fuming because now the seller thinks the damn thing is worth waaaay too much money and the buyer has effectively ruined the opportunity for the locals. Breaking cars that are in this position is how I personally fund my projects.. I can't afford to come out of pocket for ANYTHING unless there is a return.

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Nice, gotta love ebay.

I'll supply beer and slow-smoked BBQ if you want to come up and help me part the Golf now that the snow finally melted off of it. All would be welcome, so pick up Charlie on your way through the "bus.

If you decide you need something we can figure that out too...I just need some motivation to get it done and seems I ALWAYS find something else to do.

Mark C.

'74 Tii Atlantik

'74 Golf (RIP)

Ahh, the rest of the story…

Let em sit on his rusted piece of shit bastard child.

Serves him right for bid shilling.

Trash, that will sit as the CA. guy is in a bind. Call the original owner later and I’m sure he will want to get rid of it. If the CA. guy was a buddy then they will work out the Fleabay fees and the car will not move. He has had that ad on the other site running for years.

If you are into cutting up cars and providing people like me with decent priced parts go for it. I have to get all my parts from folks like you or Blunt. I’m sure many people fund their projects by scrapping other cars. Do your friends right and it is all good. Start boning everyone like dealer prices and it gets ugly.

Email me with what you have 74 Tii specific part wise. Penth2o_2@charter.net

Thanks Trash.

Joel.

You guys crack me up, break cars all the time and demand 5-600 bucks for trailing arms that are steam-cleaned and rattle-can painted

For the record, he paid half that, You and I have never done business, but I have never cleaned and painted a part to get more money. Sold as is so you know what you got..

Maybe take your touring, and your 7 series-whatever, and go back to bimmer forums where uninvited anonymous spoiled brat schmack talk is a way of life. I'm a workin' man just being savvy to afford my dream. Don't disrespect that. My practices are fair.

trash,

1) didn't mean for you to personalize the term "trashtalk" ... thats a term made popular by Charles Barkley back when he was skinney and you were much much much younger. I think you did, even though the quote was edited out. Your little hissie-bitch noise sounds a lil like "brat schmack talk" to me, b.t.w. (just sayin')

You guys crack me up, break cars all the time and demand 5-600 bucks for trailing arms that are steam-cleaned and rattle-can painted, and then for breakfast like to trash talk sales you're not interested in? How much of this thread (really) was worth our time today? Not even my post is worth your time ;-)

2) um, DP are my initials, how is that anonymous where "eurotrash" isn't?

3) sorry my kidding around put you on the offensive, s'pecially since

Not even my post is worth your time ;-)

aus freund am fahren, dickweed :-D

------------------------

why list 'em...they're all projects anyways!

DP. Sorry man.. Sorry. In retrospect, I guess I deserved that. Please accept my apology. Sometimes I care too much. It's just a blasted car right? Right. This kinda stuff just takes the fun out of it for everyone. So hey, once again, I apologize. Seriously.

-Jason Gipson

( LOL. I totally just shot coffee out my nose)

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002