• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about my Weber 40 DCOE

Russkcpa

On my 1973 2002:

I Bought this car from a fellow '02er in Colorado. The car is equipped with a dual side draft Webers (40 DCOE). I am not mechanically inclined when it comes to carburetors so I had my techs adjust the carb (especially given the Colorado to Massachusetts relocation) They also advised me to install a manual choke which would eliminate a lot of rough running during cold starts. (I installed that myself)

The car warms up quickly (maybe I don't even need a manual choke??) and accelerates beautifully in each gear, however when "cruising along" at 35-40

and barely giving the car gas I will hear what sounds like ticking under the hood but is actually the carb either spitting or coughing. It does the same thing when I cold start . It is mostly just an annoyance as it doesn't hesitate or affect performance.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Russ

post-1716-13667615511011_thumb.jpg

post-1716-13667615513171_thumb.jpg

1973 Tii Turkis

1983 320is Henna

when you are cruising and just have your foot on the gas you are running on the idle jets. Have you pulled your plugs and looked at them? considering you went to a lower altitude, you might need to change your idle jets. You might be a little to lean right now?

"Technology has ruined the driving experience"

Russ,

Greetings. Scott and I noticed that you are located in MA and have an 02. We have a great group (10+) of 02 owners located in North Shore, Seacoast/NH/Maine area's that have started an informal club. We had our first meet/drive last Sunday and we are planning a few more drives for next year. See the below BMW 2002 FAQ link for pictures and videos.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,331504/

If you are interested in participating, send me your email address and I will add you to the broader communication list.

Best Regards

Peter (74Tii Malaga)

peterodriques@hotmail.com

SiteNamecopy.jpg