• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grill question

GreenBeam

I'm positive this question has been answered a ton of times but cant seem to find any of them using search. Here goes: will the older style grills mount on to say a newer 75, 76? If not, does anyone know of any good looking aftermarket grills? All help appreciated.

What kind of look are you after? Chrome? I've considered having my late model grills chromed. A couple of places here in the Bay Area say they can chrome plastic. I once emailed one of them with a picture and I think they said it would be $500.

Also, I think I saw a post once by someone who "chromed" their grill by covering the slats with off-the-shelf chrome tape from the auto store. Looked nice.

Experiment. Used late model grills usually sell on this list for less than $50 bucks.

I once tossed around the idea of having slats machined that could be glued over the later grill and and ring for the head light bucket, but then I just embraced the fact that its a square tail and hence, I feel pride. -it is what it is, and I LOVE my fnkg car, and like I said before, I'm just happy to have round head lights again!

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

I'm with Jason. I think the more you try to rig up your car to look more like something its just not, it ends up looking goofy. I LOVE the early stuff on the early cars, and the later stuff on the later cars*.

*Except I'm usually a fan of squaries with euro bumpers... :paranoid

Rich

1972 Chamonix 2002 - Daily

1977 International Scout II