• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Review of Bluedevil Autoflug belts w/Pictures

toddw

I priced new Repa OEM belts and they were $250.00 per side. One night I found a post by Bluedevils for Autoflugs. The price was $400.00 for both sides including the rear belts with shipping. I instantly jumped on the deal. Al responds to emails quick and delivered rebuilt belts as promised. One of the nubs that holds a plastic part was worn off and Al kindly offered to replace complete retractor. Al is a stand up guy. If you are in the market for a complete belt package deal with Al, he stands behind his product.

SDC10510.JPG

SDC10511.JPG

SDC10512.JPG

SDC10513.JPG

SDC10514.JPG

SDC10515.JPG

SDC10516.JPG

SDC10517.JPG

+10

i bought several parts from Al, super nice guy.

I had one seat belt mechanism broken, so instead of buying one complete one he offered me to send me just the necessary part to fix it, which he does...

Cool !!

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

Thank you guys for your kind words. I rebuild seat belts as a hobby. I don't really sell them to make a living, think of it is as a community service. Every set I *make* is for me, always think I will keep this set for myself, but you know how it goes. End up using el cheapo Chinese belts (highly modified by me of course) in my car. In the mean time, I am also please to inform you that in a joint effort with a famous FAQer, we will soon lunch a new seat belt line custom made for our little cars. Stay tuned. Prices will be reasonable, and all made with Euro parts. Options will be available for customizing seat belts for our *weird* bimmers such as cabrios, tourings, coupes, etc.

Yes, it is in the planing stage. There are several ways to approach the problem, but it is doable, and some folks have done it already. The question is where to hang the d-bracket or hook, and location of the retractor. If the C pillar has the mounting hole for the d bracket, I know many cars have it, hidden behind the headliner, the retractor can be installed under the parcel shelf, inside the trunk with some angled brackets. Trim covers need to be installed on the top of the parcel shelf to help the webbing move freely. The other end of the webbing will be mounted on the existing holes designed for the original lap retractors. There are also factory holes closer to the b-pillar hidden under the rear door cards. The existing holes for the receiving loop latches will be used for the new receivers, although they need to be shorten and loops need to be replaced with flexible cable buckle receivers for a more modern and practical application.

If the C pillar doesn't have the mounting hole, a retractable 2-point shoulder belt can be designed as well, with the retractor mounted flat on the top of the parcel shelf, closer to C pillar. In fact, some 2002 cars had this option right out of the factory.

p.s. I have a set of very high quality 3-point retractable seat belts, made by Repa, and all the hardware for the rear conversion. If anybody would like to have a little adventure email me.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you guys for your kind words. I rebuild seat belts as a hobby. I don't really sell them to make a living, think of it is as a community service. Every set I *make* is for me, always think I will keep this set for myself, but you know how it goes. End up using el cheapo Chinese belts (highly modified by me of course) in my car. In the mean time, I am also please to inform you that in a joint effort with a famous FAQer, we will soon lunch a new seat belt line custom made for our little cars. Stay tuned. Prices will be reasonable, and all made with Euro parts. Options will be available for customizing seat belts for our *weird* bimmers such as cabrios, tourings, coupes, etc.

If you can do belts for E9 coupes, there is a market there too.

BMWCCA #2762
72 2002/71 2002ti, 67 2000CS, 2x 72 3.0CS
86 635, 2x 05 330Ci ZHP, 
'11 Corvette Grand Sport

• 5 months later...