• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DIY clutch pedal linkage upgrade

I'm sure a couple of you have had the same problem with the clutch master cylinder linkage that connects to the pedal. That cheapass little piece of pot metal that comes with the newer master cylinders is pretty easy to shear off.

clutch_master_cyl_sm.JPG

I broke one just by shoving my arm against the pedal while i was working under the dash. But I think I've solved the problem with an off the shelf heim joint rod end from McMaster-Carr.

clutch_linkage_1_sm.jpg

More details on my project blog here: TurningWrench.com

Any other fixes that folks have found?

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

OK, already. i'm a member of your fan club, too.

Nice job.

See you at the Shenandoah Speedway.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

bitchin...i am in need of one of those now...i just ordered 4 to replace the piece of crap in all of my frequent drivers

thanks for the heads up

sure thing. you'll dig 'em. such a better option. i love mcmaster-carr.

thanks guys! i think mr. pugh had the same idea some time ago. great minds thing alike...and so do ours.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

• 2 years later...