• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hose Clamp part number??

Tiger75

Anybody got a part number for a fuel injection type hose clamp to be used for the 12mm x19 mm vacuum hose from intake to brake booster on a 74 Tii? It is also called a NORMA clamp. I am using worm gear clamps now except for one orginal type and there is no part number on it or on Real OEM or MAX.

Thanks

Anybody got a part number for a fuel injection type hose clamp to be used for the 12mm x19 mm vacuum hose from intake to brake booster on a 74 Tii? It is also called a NORMA clamp. I am using worm gear clamps now except for one orginal type and there is no part number on it or on Real OEM or MAX.

Thanks

07129952107 is less than $1 list price from BMW

Same part is used on many brake vacuum hoses from the Neu Klasse thru E46 models at least.

You just did not search well enough, it's listed on the online catalogs & the ETK CD.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=ST12&mospid=47140&btnr=34_0802&hg=34&fg=25&hl=8

"Norma" clamps usually refer to the standard German style worm gear radiator hose clamps, that are a bit narrower than the US aftermarket style. They are popular due to being well made with a good rolled edge design that does not cut the hose when installed properly. Where they (screw gear type) fall short is they cannot compensate for cold flow of the hose rubber that can make the clamp loosen. The Norma brand was used on some Domestic car's radiator hoses with an internal assist spring band to compensate for the shrinking hose diameter. The fuel injection hose clamp & the Oetiker do a much better job, the Oetiker being first choice where you don't have to disturb it routinely for maintainence, as they have enough springiness in them to expand & contract quite a bit.

http://pep-plastic.com/manufacturers/newage/oetiker.htm

• 1 year later...

I am changing out the booster hose on my 73tii and the Gemi brand hose clamps are in pretty good shape but slightly corroded.

Clamp removed from the 73 yesterday

IMG_5377.jpg

IMG_5376.jpg

I have found these Ideal brand fuel injection clamps at Advanced Auto Parts, but they are not exactly the same.

IMG_5378.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I believe I visited the Olympus store on Eisenhower Avenue last year and they didn't have any of those style clamps (only regular worm gear ones) and they also didn't have the right size metric fuel hoses.

I then went to BMW of Arlington parts dept. and they also didn't have the hose and clamps in stock. The counter guy brought out a bunch of different hoses, but none were for our vintage cars.

While having our MB serviced at the dealership last year, I asked the parts guy about their hose clamps. He brought out the standard worm gear ones. When I told him it was for high pressure fuel lines, he said the smooth, standard ones is all they have ever purchased.

Edit = ipd (Volvo place) has the 17mm ones

http://www.ipdusa.com/Universal-Products/Miscellaneous/Hose-Clamps/p-202-203-4575/

Here is another source http://www.hweckhardt.com/clamps/ABA_Mini-F%20Clamp%20Galv%20Steel%20.html

Jim Gerock

in Chantilly in the fall. They walked me into the back and let me pick from the bins.

I was trying to buy the Euro worm-type with the roundel on them from the BMW dealer and the parts guy said "save your money and get them from the imports parts place." He said they were junk compared to Wurth, Zebra, or Norma and overpriced, even with wholesale pricing.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Went up to Advanced Auto a few hours ago. They didn't have any of the Ideal "norma" clamps larger than 16mm. Crap.

Wonder if I could just bead blast the old ones and paint them silver (although we don't have a basket for our blast booth at work).

Jim Gerock