• Upcoming Events

BLUNT

Tii vs non Tii master cyl grommets

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

34 31 1 103 205 is what i show for the non tii m/c. does anyone know if tii's use the same size??

the etk is not clear as it lists 2 sizes for the tii

Blunt--The tii grommet (34.31.1.121.911) is 5mm larger and is listed in ROEM parts as a 22/8. The non-tii grommet (34.31.1.103.205) size is listed as a 17/8. From what I can tell the tii grommet now has a recessed fitting rather than having its collar or lip sit on the top of the cylinder, and this may account for the two different parts numbers for the tii--is the etk an older parts listing? Let me know if there is a source for earlier style grommet. This was discussed on the forum on March 5-7 under the topic of hard brake lines:

(http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,319454/

Good luck--Jim

are you ordering some of the Tii version Blunt? I'd like a couple I think.

im selling doug a tii master that he will run on a non tii car with 320 brakes. i want to make sure he has the correct grommets if he needs to switch them. thanks guys ... i will search that thread posted

are you ordering some of the Tii version Blunt? I'd like a couple I think.

you want 2 of these???(34.31.1.121.911

please click on my email link and ill grab you 2.

I read through 3 threads about master cylinder grommets but I'm still confused. Is this 34.31.1.121.911 the number I need to connect remote reservoir to master that used to have reservoir on top?

Tommy

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.