• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1.8t???anyone seen this??!!!!

RayB

not sure what the WTF why part is about, the car being sold, or the engine?

If its the engine......well, those are SWEET little engines!! My brother has a 91' 318is, and that car has more pull in 3rd gear at 2000 rpm than my 2.3L mazda engine! If I didn't drive 90 miles a day, and if all of the 318is's weren't all at 100,000 miles or more, i'd be driving one to work!

-Bryan

red73

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

not sure what the WTF why part is about, the car being sold, or the engine?

If its the engine......well, those are SWEET little engines!! My brother has a 91' 318is, and that car has more pull in 3rd gear at 2000 rpm than my 2.3L mazda engine! If I didn't drive 90 miles a day, and if all of the 318is's weren't all at 100,000 miles or more, i'd be driving one to work!

-Bryan

red73

Psst, that's not an M42 in there.

-Charlie

02incarsig.jpg

'76 02 http://tinyurl.com/granatrot76 - '89 325is (M50'd) -'98 318ti -'94 Vandura 2500 - '03 Z4 (very, very green) - '07 F800s, beemer

Hmm... interesting. Not my cuppa tea, but hey, give it up for imaginative thinking. I used to have a GTI with a 1.8t motor in it and they're pretty strong, I've heard of them being boosted up to 500hp. Here's some text from the post:

A little bit about the car: Turbo, Garrett T3 60-1 with .48 turbine, after market Wolf Engine Management System, 42lbs injectors. Engine & transmission mated with aluminum flange, transmission BMW 320i, light weight Fidanza flywheel, BMW 228mm clutch disc, VW pressure plate, Mustang 5.0 throttle body. front mounted intercooler. The nose (exterior) of car is uncut, the front lower lip is from a Mini Cooper, with a little fibre glas. The harness/wiring of the Engine and WOLF matches up perfectly with original BMW wiring, didnot cut not 1 piece of the BMW wire. The rust is all gone now, also the car was brown prior to this color

At least it's not a 350 chevy, right?

I think it's actually an interesting swap. There is a huge aftermarket for the VW 1.8Ts, and it is easy to turn out enough reliable HP to make an 02 insanely fast. I would love to know what tranny they are running on that though. Is there really a standard RWD tranny with the same bolt pattern as a VW transaxle? I still wouldn't do this swap, but consider this is easily turbo S14 territory.

73 Sahara

76 S52 swap of dooooooooom

01 540i-6

90 Range Rover classic (because 02s just weren't masochistic enough)

transmission BMW 320i, light weight Fidanza flywheel, BMW 228mm clutch disc, VW pressure plate,

theres your tranny Q.

Interesting idea, but it looks to be very poorly done; i would have spent more time making it look halfway decent and not so much like a hack job.

...when things are neat and tidy, they tend to be easier to fix when broken....

'75 2002

Photobucket

ive done a lot of swaps in differnt cars, s20det in a datsun 510, 1.8t in a mk1 gti, the best is a s2k motor in another 510 amazing car, iv thought abot the s2k 2002 swap but i dont have a shop anymore... but a vw 1.8t in a 2002 is amazing but poorly done.

the 1.8t is capabule of 350+hp

and Jim my car is up and running

car:76 02 & bmx are the way to life

i understand some consider this offensive but u gotta hand it to the guy on engineering. it takes a lot of work to make this happen. in my mind i have to compare this to an m42 swap. what are these guys getting hp wise? ive read the 16v vw head flows better than the 1.8t head but still its already turbo and a few simple upgrades can net over 200 hp. if nothing else look at it this way. its still a 2002 that might have been crushed driving around and this guy thought it better that a new advanced vw motor is still better off in a 70s bmw chassis. its not like it was in an original turbo model though.