• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling a Canadian 2002 tii in the USA (California)

davecap

Hi,

I drove my 2002 from Canada (Montreal) this past September all the way to CA. I am a US non-resident and I'm just working here for less than a year on a temp visa. The car is in relatively good condition and I am thinking about selling it.

Has anybody sold a foreign 2002 in the US? It seems that I don't have to pass any tests since the car is older than 25 years.

I did not tell US customs that I was going to sell the car when I entered (I was going to drive it back). I'm wondering if I'll have to drive it all the way back to Canada to re-enter before selling it.

Any ideas about this?

Thanks,

- David

post-15570-13667602673034_thumb.jpg

David -

Looks like your car is a 73, based on the front bumper overriders.

Fjord exterior with blue interior? If I had the money, this would be the combo I would like to own next.

How much are you asking?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Key things to consider, your tii is over 25 years old so no DOT conversion is required. It's a pre 75 model so it's smog exempt in CA. Both these factors make it much easier to bring in a car to CA than a 76 or newer. To learn more info about importing a non US spec 02 into CA.

http://www.bayarea02.com/features/importing/index.html

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Come one, there are few enough canadian tii's, especially out east. Bring that thing back home!

I imported a US car to Canada, and it definitely needed to be inspected at the border by US customs before it crossed over. If Canada has similar rules, you may need to drive that thing back up to the Canadian border.

----------------

Mark

Rusty 74 verona

WTB a roundie!

It is indeed a fjord blue 1973 2002 tii. I'm trying to get above $10k for it, maybe around $12k... I'm really not sure how much to sell it for really :)

The odometer is stuck too, that could be a problem when selling it.

- David

David - what is the VIN number of your car? I'm curious to know how close it is to mine. Your car is out of my price range.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"