• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

door panel resto

VintageAutobahn

I used some mylar that is meant for model airplanes. It cost me about $4 from a hobby shop and worked awesome. I was able to do both door panels with one piece and had some left over.

You need to take your time and be careful with the x-acto knife.

Good Luck,

Mike (#87)

Esty, that is some beautiful work in your interior. Why did you have to post that when at in the verge of starting to put my car back together??? At this rate I"ll never be finished! I want to throw away all my crap and start from scratch now!

FAQ Member # 91

Esty, that is some beautiful work in your interior. Why did you have to post that when at in the verge of starting to put my car back together??? At this rate I"ll never be finished! I want to throw away all my crap and start from scratch now!

don't throw it away...their all good....i've been watching the development of your car and it's looking very good

the mylar looks great. I'vr also had problems keeping it in place. regular contact cement waswnt good enough. BTW, is that a Becker Europa in the console?? How do you like the sound?? I've got one new in a box, and I'm trying to figure out if I should install it or go another route.

Dave in Baltim02e Maryland USA
1969 2002 Sahara  Manila  :)

1966 WM300 Dodge Power Wagon-Valley Green; 1972 Airstream Overlander; 1997 JDM Honda Prelude; 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 tow vehicle to tow home all the above junk!

tis that a Becker Europa in the console?? How do you like the sound?? I've got one new in a box, and I'm trying to figure out if I should install it or go another route.

yes sir...although i have a pair of 4x6's in the rear shelf, the sound is a 'period sound'...but i must confess...i seldom listen to the radio...occasionally NPR but rarely to music...we lost our last oldies station last year and i don't care for the contemporary tunes or country

i have a becker mexico installed in another o2 that's going thru an amp and equalizer and it sounded great

Hi esty,

Your interior work in Beautiful! Where did your center console pieces come from, The parts around the park break are a very nice addition.

Have a good one,

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

don't throw it away...their all good....i've been watching the development of your car and it's looking very good

Esty, that is absolutely gorgeous interior, extremely well thought out and classy, not too over the top either, congratulations. Looks period correct but with a modern twist, just perfect balance. Darn, half of those views in this posting must be mine! Thanks for inspiring me, now I need to get in touch with my feminine side, my old ways are just not good enough.

FAQ Member # 91