• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2/4/9...a day that will live in infamy

wagnerf15

It's ambulatory! Almost exactly 1 year from the day i pulled it into the garage and began surgery. The historic drive went all the way around the block (.8miles) and was uneventful....if a bit loud. Need to put the exhaust on aft of the headers. My 18 year old accompanied me and proclaimed, "I didn't think it would ever move again!". I promptly beat him down. Couldn't have happened without the advice and information available on this board.

The first drive went with no seats, just a stool in the driver's side :). But the seats are now in, seat belts installed, today the bumpers and it's off to the exhaust store/safety inspection. It's quite amazing because all I have left are

1. Break in engine and fix inevitable burps

2. Get wheels/tires

3. Fix entire inside

4. Fix entire outside

YGBSM, I've barely begun...but it'll be my driver while I finish; with a HUGE smile on my face!

Jim

post-9412-13667601225294_thumb.jpg

post-9412-13667601226862_thumb.jpg

'74 2002

Ambulatory on 2/4/9!!!

Now the hard shit begins