• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here...

auggiemize

easy to check 5spd, just shift. To check if its a LSD there will be marking on the diff and if you jack the rear end off the ground and spin one wheel in a forward direction the wheel on the opposite side should spin in the same direction.

holy negative camber batman!!!

02 Golf Yellow cruising the border of NSW/VIC!

tii pistons, 293, double valve springs, 40mm DCOE's, sump baffle, sway bars, lowered, 5spd, big brakes, 3pc wheels, bucket seats. Approx 150+hp

Duh. Thanks on the stupid 5 speed question, as far as the LSD, no way wheels will turn, not really anyway to jack. Rear shock tower on pass side is almost touching headrest of Recaro. This is the worst rearend I've probably ever seen. Not sure, for example, if rear wheels will ever come off. Thanks for the info, Cheers, Dave

Yeah, guys, the shear physics on the drivetrain put it in serious question. I sent a note to Sherman Martinez about the seats internals last night. He seems to think they may be either ok, or rebuildable. Very good cosmetically, and only $50 the pair said its worth a try. Wouldn't be the first bonehead 02 purchase I've made. Anyone want to buy an NOS heater control valve for a 1600? dave v. in nc