• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New cluster

brendang2000

Here's a picture of the "new" cluster for my M2. I thought it'd be a good idea to have updated gauges for the s14. I'm not sure how I want to finish the aluminum, I was thinking a satin finish like the heater control panels, any ideas? The "idiot" lights are from the original cluster and you can still read the letter. I think I still have the CAD file for this if anybody else is interested in making one; you do have to grind the top and bottom to make fit into the old gauge housing.

post-1698-13667598814752_thumb.jpg

'76 Inca, restored to a roundie

That's cool! I would love to build one with the same size Speedo and Tach. Then just a small Fuel Gauge. My install will include a black metal piece that will be in the center console. So, three gauges there would be Oil, Temp, Voltage.

74 2002 Restore/Upgrade Project - M2

08 Alpina B7

I'm having trouble finding the CAD file. If I can locate it I'll repost. Sorry guys.

Please do if you can, I am using a new veneer pattern and wood love the CAD file to use a computer cutter to make it fit perfect. Thanks for looking, Hal

'76 2002 A "camo blue"

'73 2002 A Chamonix

'71 Airstream Globetrotter

'72 2002 A Verona-crashed then stolen

2007 Toyota FJ

The fuel gauge is a VDO unit. I havent tried it with the sender yet so I got my fingers crossed. If it doesn't work, I'll figure something out, that's the least of my worries! The speedo is an electric unit, so I'm going to be putting a Hall effect sensor (I think that's what it's called) on the driveline somewhere. I like this way over mechanical as if you change tire size or diff ratio, its easier to adjust; and I'm using the 265 tranny. Also, I can use the sensor to attempt to get cruise control working!

'76 Inca, restored to a roundie

The fuel gauge is a VDO unit. I havent tried it with the sender yet so I got my fingers crossed. If it doesn't work, I'll figure something out, that's the least of my worries! The speedo is an electric unit, so I'm going to be putting a Hall effect sensor (I think that's what it's called) on the driveline somewhere. I like this way over mechanical as if you change tire size or diff ratio, its easier to adjust; and I'm using the 265 tranny. Also, I can use the sensor to attempt to get cruise control working!

This VDO fuel gauge is 0 - 90 ohm let me know if works, about the Hall effect sensor I found this guy who sell in case you need.

414-4636660 Roger - part - HE18C/16.

If you find the Cad file let me know.

George

Thanks all ........... JCorrea