• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tyler Seedig Update

punchesdfw

This is regarding Tyler Seedig, our friend's Son who was severly burned in the crash that killed his little brother Tanner.

Tyler had a good night and he looks much better than yesterday. They have removed the collar on his neck that helped keep his spine still and have reduced the paralyzing medicine so that he can now move around a little. When we started talking to him this morning he really started moving his legs and left arm and even seemed to try and sit up. All good signs. The Dr.s want him to be able to cough now and help expel irritants in his lungs. His swelling is way down, at first they were giving him 2 liters of fluid per hour. Now he is down to 10% of that. Still giving him 3000 calories a day. We told him it looks like a milkshake of potatoes and steak. Yesterday, they put a tube in his right lung to pull out air and fluid that got between his lung and the lining. This a side effect of the breathing machine they have him on and was not unusual. That went very well and the lung is fully inflated now. Overall the resuscitation phase has gone well but Tyler is still very critical and as the Dr. said, we are not out of the woods yet. They estimate he will be in the ICU 3-4 months and at Parkland 5-6 months total. So we are running a marathon and praying for more good days than bad.

Friday morning Tyler will have his first operation to do skin grafts on his left arm and maybe also the right arm depending on how well the Drs. think he is tolerating the procedure. They said there is no need to rush and do all grafting at once. He will most likely get 1 operation per week. In 2-3 weeks he will get a tracheotomy so that the tube can be taken out of his throat and he can be on a regular vent. This was also expected from the beginning and will help the Drs. with treatment and reduce chances of infection. Drs. are watching carefully for any infection, pneumonia, blood clots.

The whole staff here is fantastic and the support system from the hospital and the Ronald McDonald house is wonderful. The family is well taken care of and we have everything we need.

For anyone who plans to attend the funeral this Saturday for Tanner, the La Quinta has reserved some rooms at a group rate. The number is (432) 694-1200. At the visitation Friday night from 6-8, the Chuckwagon Gang is providing dinner. We know all of your prayers are with us so please do not worry if you cannot come. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers that and God's strength are carrying us forward.

e46-330ci, e46-325ci Vert., e36-328is, e30-325is, M20-2002, K110, K75, '71 Jeepster Commando

Thanks for the update. As a father of an 18 yr. old it is very difficult to even try to comprehend what that family is going through. And yes, God can provide all the strength to get through these difficult times.

We'll continue to pray for his physical and the family's emotional recoveries.

Doug

'73 tii Atlantik

Thanks John. My daughter just had shoulder surgery and is going to miss the entire gymnastics season this year and I thought it was bad until I got the call about the crash. We're counting our blessings.

e46-330ci, e46-325ci Vert., e36-328is, e30-325is, M20-2002, K110, K75, '71 Jeepster Commando

Guest Anonymous

Tanner was one of my friends, and I havn't seen him since the 7th grade. when i heard the news i couldn't believe it. I'm so sorry for the Seedig Family. You don't understand how much i want to attend the funeral. I live with my dad in Missouri, and my mother says there is no way i could make it in time for the funeral. Im still so shocked that this had to happen to such an innocent boy. He was very sweet and caring in every possible way. Again, i wish i could be there. And all my prayers are with all of you, and i hope Tyler gets better.

Guest Anonymous

I was there at the accident and prayed with Tyler. My name is Mario Morones and reside in El Paso. We have a lot of people here praying for Tyler and his family. I too have an eighteen year old son in the Marines. I took this personally because of my son and because most of all we are all brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ. If there is anything that I can do Please e-mail me and let me know. All my family resides in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. I even informed my brother-in-law about asking his church to donate blood for Tyler. My God give you and Tyler's family strength through go through this tragedy. Thank you for putting updates on Tyler. Also my deepest condolences to the Seedig family for the loss of Tanner.

Guest Anonymous

God bless you for taking the time to let his family know that you prayed with Tyler. And may He pour blessings down on you for taking the time to reach out to this young man in his time of need. I don't know them but my son plays hockey with several kids who knew them. This is so devastating. I hope we all remember to keep praying for this family. And I pray that others around will see God at work in this. Bless you again for being the hands and feet of Jesus.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers that and God's strength are carrying us forward.

God is good! I'm glad and happy to know that the situation is improving. I will continue to pray for you,friends and family and Tyler's swift recovery.

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

• 1 month later...

Wow. I just saw your reply! How did you happen upon the crash? How did you find the FAQ? I have 18 & 21 year old boys as well and I pray for them everyday. Tyler is having surgery on his left index finger in the morning, but it looks like he is going to pull through.

http://www.carepages.com/carepages/tylerseedig