• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheel lug question

Lebowski

Anyone know if I will need to use longer wheel studs like the ones Aardvarc and IE sell if I use an 8mm spacer? I'm looking at some wheels with an offset of 37, but I don't think I'll buy them if it wil require spending the money for longer wheel studs. Thanks in advance...

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

when you put in longer wheel studs, they may be real long.

If so, your stock lug nuts may not fit.

A couple of options:

First, if you have the lug nuts with the removable ends, take those off and the the stud will pass through

Secondly, Jeff sells lug nuts that allow the studs to pass through.

Having some of these type lug nuts around make it easy to secure brake drums to the flange while adjusting brakes without the wheel and tire on.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Thanks guys for the replies. I think I'll pass on the wheels, the deal's not good enough to justify the expense of buying 14 new wheel studs and having them installed. I really appreciate the help!

Aaron

Walter: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish...

Especially considering that after buying 14, you'd have to go back for 2 more!

I guess it was a long night at work last evening.... you guys don't have the "Euro spec 14 lug conversion"... ;)

Thanks all.

Aaron