• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sometimes I think about selling my 02 and getting this

Armond

73 Tii A4 BOD Oct. 13,1972

74 Tii BOD Nov. 16,1973

FAQ Member 1683

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.

Mario Andretti

I have a 318ti with a 1.9 and a E36 M3 with a 3.2. Guess which one I enjoy more driving? The 3.2 engine already is too much motor for that E36 chassis, I can't imagine what it would do to the 318ti!

There is a question of balance and smoothness. The 2002 IS the ultimate driving machine IMO.

[/i]

FAQ Member # 91

I have a Mazdaspeed 3 that I drive to work and take to the odd drivers school every now and then. I do have to admit that it's fun to be able to smoke @98% of the cars on the road with a car that most people think is a run-of-the-mill econobox. That said, I get more pleasure from driving my 2002 or my 318ti Club Sport.

Bailey Taylor

1975 2002A

1995 318ti Club Sport

2004 X3 2.5

1999 Wrangler Sahara

2007 Mazdaspeed3

1996 Triumph Speed Triple

• 2 months later...

this is funy i have a 1997 e36 m3 dinan supercharged, dinan throttle body,uuc pulleys ,stromung exhaust ,automatic rear end ratio,stick.i bought car of sister i put 16,000 in upgrades .its 350 hp.carbon hood kosia wheels.i always liked 2002 since i got into bmw .i finally got one just got to get it running.i owned a camaro that was all torque i used to beat s/c cobras zo6s everything in the camaro the bmw is slower but does so much more after thousands in tickets i just want to cruz in style .i love how they look the power is okay i think havent driven it yet besides around block kept stalling peeled out twice..my e36 is o to 60 around 4.5 to 4.7.my buddy offered me 12,000 other day cash i said no if he said 16,000 i might have let it go even knowing i know i will never get anything close to what it can do unless you spend bucks.supercharger in this car is 7,000 not including 2500 install.it has the dinan badge.it really is the ultimate driving machine handling class power

all said something about the 2002 just makes me like it even more you just dont see them on the road .well you dont see to many dinan cars either.