• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: Color choice??? Laguna Seca Blue???

chadwest02

Thought I see what what you guys think...It's time to paint the 74 2002tii. Currently it is a non stock charcoal grey(below) that looks like a bmw color...maybe something from the 80's. Any how the color was going to remain the same to avoid the whole headache of a color change. But if it's ever going to change now is the time. Chamonix, Inca, or Laguna Seca Blue. anybody have pics of 02's in these colors, or another color that you might suggest? I know laguna seca blue isn't original...but it's just so sexy. Thanks for your input.

post-2336-13667598210417_thumb.jpg

post-2336-13667598210918_thumb.jpg

The dark metallic silver was called "Anthracite" if that's any help. It's a pretty nice color up close. Nicer than some "dark silvers"...

For what it's worth, I really like "Riviera" and "Atlantik"... They're not as flashy as Laguna Seca, but really nice deep non-metallic blues...

Cheers,

Adam

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

BMW Jet Black # 668

think about the hidden areas ? if you must change color

or BMW Anthrazitegrau Met #055 because it's

an 02 color close to your present color

MY02soloLimeRock102004BUSCHSWasleyp.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Actually, the 80's gray is Delphin. I've spent time around a bunch of E28s and E30s in the color, and it's beautiful if it's well maintained. Once the clear starts to go it just looks dull.

Go for Laguna Seca blue. I really want to see a Leguna Seca blue 02 with either 3.0 CSL style M stripes or Turbo markings, and I'm probably never going to get around to doing it myself.

73 Sahara

76 S52 swap of dooooooooom

01 540i-6

90 Range Rover classic (because 02s just weren't masochistic enough)

Polaris looks great on 2002s I would go back to that color.

Changing the color of a vehicle the right way requires a lot if work. You have to take things to a shell level to get it right or you could go back to Polaris and save time and money. Bottom line: it's up to you and your budget to what level you want to take your vehicle. m2c

The PO of my car painted it close to Laguna Blue. I call it roundel blue. I get many compliments but I personally don't like it. I'll attach a photo of it along with a silver color I wish I could afford!

Here is a link to a good chart many of you have probably seen that lists all of the original colors: http://www.02restoration.com/bmw-tech-tips/bmw-2002-paint-colors.html

Photobucket

Photobucket