• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sot, 3.0csi

PatAllen

There is that 3.0 csi abandoned near me and the guy finally decided to sell it. I have to pass on this one because i have already too much projects and a baby is coming into the family soon so my friend will take it happily.

We try to get the vin decoder but unfortunately we it fall into the later decoding type.

The car is plated ROME....so this car is rust free altough it is a bit massaged.

vin is 2260772 iirc.

Any idea ? we try to get the year at least, it is malaga, 4 speed manual and its a CSI.

I will try to post pictures soon once he gets it.

thanks.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

The VIN is low enough that it is probably a 71. There weren't any significant differences in CSis until 74, when they got different patterned upholstery and different power window motors.

Cars from Italy often seem to have relatively little rust, the biggest issue with CSs. They make 2002s look good.

You can ask questions on ther forum at

www.e9coupe.com

BMWCCA #2762
72 2002/71 2002ti, 67 2000CS, 2x 72 3.0CS
86 635, 2x 05 330Ci ZHP, 
'11 Corvette Grand Sport

Guest Anonymous

Don't forget the cost of interior parts. I have talked with several 3.0 CS owners and they all told me that many parts are CS exclusive, hard to get, and expensive (interior door panels cost $600+ each)

Don't forget the cost of interior parts. I have talked with several 3.0 CS owners and they all told me that many parts are CS exclusive, hard to get, and expensive (interior door panels cost $600+ each)

oh is that right ?....thats a bit expensive...

well, the car needs door cards for sure, all the wooden stuff into that car is peeling off.

It needs a windshield and a passenger door glass. Everything is there, it has some bottle caps style aluminium wheels in decent shape.

The valve cover is off and there is a....broken rocker...i laughed a lot when i saw that one.

We inspected the body structure and it is indeed rust free, almost.

its gona be a looong project.

thanks for all the links.

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

Be advised Pat, a decent windshield is not readily available

Windshields still available new from BMW MT, but they're 700 bucks by the time you've paid tax. The rear windscreen is a bit more. Worse, the front is remarkably difficult to install and easily broken, even by pros. Do not buy aftermarket -- they leak. On the other hand, you can still get them from folks who are parting coupes.

Same goes for interior parts (or just about anything else) -- be patient and wait until a parts car comes along. See http://www.e9coupe.com .

MichaelP

BMW_CCA Blue Ridge Chapter

'71 1600

'71 2800CS

'73 3.0CS

'91 318ic

http://www.crismanpetrus.us

Hi Pat

Good luck with that project. And beware of rust. That body was assembled by Karman, the guy who invented car rust. And rust will hide very well. The front section at the base of the A pillar is notorious. The upper part collects mud. The fuse box area will rust, same with rockers. Don't spend a dime on the car until you have it on a lift and spent three hours inspecting it.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

well, its not my project, but sort of...

the body is realy straight, i mean it is structuraly very solid. we took time to look at it a lot. if there is something hiden then we will fix it, its not an issue for us to fix rust.

what can bug us is

-missing parts

-door cards

-windshield

all the rest seems totaly doable. the mechanic dont fuss us either, we can shoehorn a 3.5 in it i believe...the goal is not to make a roster resto but a runner.

if any of you come across some parts or a boneyard donnor, let me know !!

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp