• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

door panels

inkatouring

A friend has soggy door panels and I recall that someone used to sell wooden panels. Anyone know where my bud can get some?

TIA

Joshua, whose door panels are not perfect, but good enough...

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '92 M5T (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

I have some plain black custom ones that Shad hooked me up with last year that are nice, but heavy. He gave to me for free to use or use as a template and I never ended up using them. So if you want, I'll pay it forward. I was able to do some repair on my originals. Email me if interested.

Jared

www.DrivingWhileAwesome.com

'72 tii

'00 Tacoma PreRunner

bluedevils..

If the first guy who posted isn't interested (he asked first) I'd be interested in your panels. I'm in Austin, TX 78751. What would a rough total be?

Thanks,

Merek

Or you can just email me....

merekjohnson@gmail.com

Clarification:

I have the new boards and new skins unmounted. You need to use your door hardware. Two pairs: one is black the other beige, all German vinyl, heat sealed with the mylar strip, just like the factory. Skins cost extra. I was asking $50 for the boards only. Will sell boards+skins for $175 total. They are for models 74 up. It is a steal at this price, ask BMW for each if you know what I mean.

bluedevils,

As much as I love the offer, I realized door panels probably aren't my priority right now seeing as I have other stuff to do on my car at the moment. Once I get around to them, I'll look around again, and maybe you'll have another set, but for now sorry, its not in my budget or best interest.

Good luck selling though,

Merek

'75 2002

NE1 ever come up with a source for std. staples w/ 1/8" legs? Sure would make the job easier.

Amen to that. The SMALLEST stapler I found was the Swingline Tot 50. Uses #10 staples...or a 3/16 leg. It's REAL close. When I did my map pockets on the back of my seat...it just makes it with out poking through on the other side. Maybe a couple layers of masking tape...or THIN foam tape would help it from poking through. Another option is to carefully cut them down with scissors or snips. I tried it with scissors and it worked...thin staples. Don't tell my wife I did that. :-)

Paul in Atlanta

'73 2002/Polaris

I think I used the same 3/16" staple when I installed Varco's door panel kit.

Although the staples are slightly longer than desired, I didn't have any problems as long as I didn't "slam" the staples into the panel.

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is