• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crap-can racing: The 24 Hours of LeMons

24LeMons

2919376360_a71db35cfc.jpg

If you've ever wanted to go road-racing on the cheap, the 24 Hours of LeMons is an endurance racing series for cars that cost no more than 500 bucks.

There are two events left in 2008, October 18-19 at MSR Houston in Texas and December 27-28 at Thunderhill in Northern California. Registration for Texas is closed (the race is open to spectators), but there is still time to apply for Thunderhill. Thunderhill applications are due by 10/18.

Entry forms can be found at www.24hoursoflemons.com.

There are lots of BMWs--even 2002s!--that show up…here's your excuse to drag that car out from behind the garage!

I never saw a press release as to how the guy died in Livermore this year. Did he suffer a medical behind the wheel, or was he killed because of the impact? So sad, but at least he died doing something he really enjoyed.

-=Scott=-

My Short Bus

rotate.php

1971 2002 - "William Grover-Williams" - Track/Weekend Car VIN 2579197

1998 740iL E38 - "Blau" - Daily Driver

http://gallery.xfiler.com

...BMWs--even 2002s....

Team Never Give Up is entering at '71 1600-02 in the Texas event. The car is rolling proof that rust never sleeps. All of the team members are experienced SCCA and NASA racers. And all of have done more serious amateur endurance races before, including winning the 25 hours of Thunderhill. Anyone else on the form going to the Texas race?

Never too late to have a happy childhood

Team Autobahn Society,

are you guys going to Houston? (I'm jealous if you are).

Sorry but no, Texas is too far for our budget...

BUT we will be at Thunderhill for the "LeMONS ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA" December 27-28... http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/events/arsefreezeapalooza/

With an assessed value of $250 we have some improvements planned for our "Stella". You all will just have to come out and watch us race to see what tricks we'll have done to the car... :)

Pseudo Crew Chief of http://autobahnsocietyracing.blogspot.com/

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

We'll be out at Thunderhill for sure, my first time there, but Driving While Awesome placed 10th last year.

I can't wait, we got a new 944 with a bad transaxle, so we are just switching that and the cage out from the old one.

Jared

www.DrivingWhileAwesome.com

'72 tii

'00 Tacoma PreRunner

I think that 250 bucks will be used to get all the dirt out of the car! We need to get this thing out of my work parking lot before they tow it!!

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without