• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SoCal Vintage Groma MONSTER update:

JohnBarlow

OK, one week ago yesterday, we decided to do a monster car for the show. Ed and Mono at Groma Fabrication [ www.gromafab.com ] went to work with just over 2 weeks til the show. We started with one very used 2002 [1974], and one 325IS [1988]. ONE WEEK LATER...... the 02 has full coil over suspension [thank you Ireland Engineering], Big brakes, turbo flares, and an OEM turbo spoiler front and rear [also thank you Ireland Engineering! The M20 engine is in, with E30 5 speed, custom reinforcments, fiberglass hood [i.E. again], all new TURBO style interior, New 390LSD [thanks Aardvark!], MOMO 15x7 wheels [Thank you Pierre!], new trim, Euro shorty bumpers, Nardi wheel [thank you NeueKlasseBMWs.com(wife Alexis)].

The genius of Mono & Ed, and the car is ready for paint and body on Saturday........ Mono "tested" the perfectly running beast today, by calling me after a succession of donuts in the parking lot. Fast. Very Fast. Now the TURBO needs to be fitted to the custom 3" exhaust. These guys are AMAZING! all of the work is first rate.....NO SHORTCUTS! They have done this conversion enough to know all of the ins and outs, and be able to produce a modernized, fast, enjoyable, and reliable 02 in a short period of time, and a GREAT PRICE! Line up! there are already 4 more behind me! They make perfection look too easy.

Thank you everyone. You have got to make the trip just to see the end result of this car.

John Barlow

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

John Barlow Los Angeles, Ca.

John@VintageMotorsportGroup.com

EBay: NeueKlasseBMWs

O==00==O

www.SoCalVintageBMW.com

www.VintageMotorsportGroup.com

Vintage BMW Source

Motorsport Legends

Groma Race Fabrication