• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

dual weber sidedraft linkage question

schliske

I just bought a car that has dual 45's. I don't think the PO's ever got the linkage right. Is there a diagram of a working linkage or one for sale?

I have a stock pedal box with a 4" arm then cable. The throw doesn't open the butterflies all the way. Thanks in advance for your help.

Post a picture of what you have, there are many different linkages used for the DCOEs on a 2002. It may be a simple as resetting the lever coming out of the petal box but its hard to say with out seeing the set up.

Marty

Don't worry about the world ending today,

Hell it's already tomorrow in Australia.

the faq store sells dbilas linkages

oooh, that looks nice:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,/product_id,71/category_id,18/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,59/

until i can afford that, i'll be using my lawn-boy push mower cable, cuz im a superstar. :)

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

I just bought a car that has dual 45's. I don't think the PO's ever got the linkage right. Is there a diagram of a working linkage or one for sale?

I have a stock pedal box with a 4" arm then cable. The throw doesn't open the butterflies all the way. Thanks in advance for your help.

A basic problem with the linkage on many weber sidedraft conversions is the leverage in the mechanism. The length of the lever arms (you will usually find one on each end of the linkage) must be right in order for the full movement of the cable to completely open the throttle plates. Pictures would help.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga

I'm having the same problem with my 38/38 mikuni..

For the throttle linkage cable on the FAQ, presumably you fabricate mounts, or is that one specifically for a weber?

Any cheaper way to get one of those (not like I don't want to support the FAQ, but my pockets are only so deep)?

-Merek

'75 2002