• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$670.320.00 worth of left quarter panels

Dave3x72tii

for my morning adrenaline shot lately, I look up a 2002 part and check the current list price.

Today I looked up a left roundie quarter panel, and found the new list is $1260! Catch up, realoem($930)

although there are none here, there's 532 at AG, so it's not a scarcity issue.

I hope my collection of parts will last my lifetime, I can't afford any more!

I bought a new front nose panel (Euro '74-'76) from W & N a few years back. The panel was $200. The same panel now through Max is over $1000.

I think there's more than currency fluctuations & oil price hikes going on here.

On the bright side, my parts car is increasing in value.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

maybe these prices will encourage more of us to try our hands at actually straightening bent twisted metal rather than merely cutting it out and welding in a new panel.

i've seen remarkable work done by someone using hammers and dolly's with a judicious application of torch heat followed by water quench. it's amazing how stretched metal can be reworked and shrunk.

in fact, where i work, the technicians in the Rework Shop had to be trained in this fine art by an experienced "car-guy" because we were having fitment problems with an Exhaust Collector after welding patch panels on it. he made believers out of us...

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa