• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn signal ring cancellation defective!

Hi,

Please help!

My turn signal does not cancel or return to its orignail position after use. I thought that the turn signal was defective, so it was replaced with another used one..it did not work either. As I looked closer I noticed the signal ring cancellation that held by the steering hub appears not making contact with the turn signal lever no matter how I bent the signal ring. The signal ring was positioned at 9 O'clock.

Btw, a 2002 memebr has helped me throughout the process and i like to extend my appreciation to him..

So what is the possibility that the turn signal ring has been cut? But why?

Does anyone have a turn signal ring for sale or know where I can find one? I think it would be the simpliest and least expensive way to diagnose this symptom.

Thanks.

Ps. Just installed front and rear sway bars by Ireland

Engineering along with poly-Urethane F/R bushings, WOW, why did i wait this long? Get yours done, you will absolutely love it.

74' 02 Resto-Mod

87' 325IS

03' Cooper S

The nine o'clock position only works on later models with the TS stalk on the left of the column. If you have a right side TS, move cam to 3'oclock. The other thing is get the spacer correct. With the TS mounted view the trip lever. The lobe of the cancellation cam must have physical contact with the trip lever when it passes. The trip lever is designed to fold out of the wey.

slotted mounting holes, so can be moved in and out in relation to the steering column (and the canceling "thimble"). Try adjusting the lever and see if you can make it touch.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite