• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Those with a Sports Steering wheel, I need some measurements

felix_666

I'm missing a couple of parts for my wheel (the small flat ring and the housing for the hub) and i'm going to get them fabed up.

This is the wheel i'm referring to:

KB2002Tii4saleB-1.jpg

The measurements i need are the ID and OD of the first part.

And the length and diameter at a & b of the second part.

0112_11illustrated.jpg

I could guess the dimensions, but i'm pretty fussy and would rather get it right the first time.

Thanks to anyone who can help, i'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

1973 RHD Verona - Project

1974 RHD chamonix - Towed 

you could also place a free " WANTed PARTS " ad

here and maybe bypass the fabrication steps

Tried this with no success a while ago.

It's only going to cost me time, not too difficult a job i imagine - provided i have some dimensions.

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

Try a google search for bmw csl petri steering wheels.

I found "the coupe guy" or sumthin like that....he sold them..... he could measure one he has............

got it...

coupeguy.com

I'd prefer to ask someone who is on this board rather than harass a random guy on the net, but if i don't get any responses here i might use it as a last resource, thanks for the effort.

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

Try a google search for bmw csl petri steering wheels.

I found "the coupe guy" or sumthin like that....he sold them..... he could measure one he has............

got it...

coupeguy.com

I'd prefer to ask someone who is on this board rather than harass a random guy on the net, but if i don't get any responses here i might use it as a last resource, thanks for the effort.

its not an "harass" in my book.itll take him 60 seconds.

Go to the "e9 coupe" forums....many have the wheel there.

this was my thought about this board, it would only take a min, and i know plenty on people have the wheel.

Good idea with the e9 forum, but surely someone here has the wheel and a spare 2 mins.

Thanks again.

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

I have a 380mm Petri wheel on my '73tii.

I can get the dimensions in a few days when I "visit" my car. (It's in storage.)

I've purchesed two of these wheels in an effort to come up with all the bits to make an entire assembly -- seems no one has one at an affordable price that's correct for an '02.

Although most of the pieces you seek are interchangeable from the '02 to the E9 coupe, the hub and plastic hub shroud are different. In my own quest for the "right stuff" I have acquired the correct '02 hub, but remain in need of the correct plastic shroud.

I have the E9 plastic shroud -- it's a bit taller than the '02 part -- hate to trim it as it may be more valuable for an E9.

On my '73tii, I've made-do with the axle boot from a Ford Taurus to hide the hub...it's black and does the job handily until the right thing comes along.

Contact me off-board and I'll get the dimensions I have.

Delia

PS "coupeguy" has a terrible reputation.

post-169-13667591098238_thumb.jpg

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

i have a 380mm petri wheel on my car but its a frankenstein and not correct. i retapped a momo hub to make it work but i could give you the inner and outer dimensions of the ring if that would help

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

i have a 380mm petri wheel on my car but its a frankenstein and not correct. i retapped a momo hub to make it work but i could give you the inner and outer dimensions of the ring if that would help

Mines a 350mm, but the ring dimensions would be a good start, would the shroud and ring dimensions be the same, i can't imagine them differing.

I gave my wheel to a friend who said it would be no trouble to mock up a metal shroud and the ring. He was going to do it by guestimating, but i said i'd try to track down the dimensions.

Thanks for the help.

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

A = 47

A to B = 41

Forgot to measure the diameter, will go back for that too.

I will go back and measure the total distance, should be a total of the two I provided.

Not sure what to measure for the ID OD you are asking. (I understand what ID and OD mean, just not sure what to measure for you.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

A = 47

A to B = 41

I will go back and measure the total distance, should be a total of the two I provided.

Not sure what to measure for the ID OD you are asking. (I understand what ID and OD mean, just not sure what to measure for you.

Perfect!! Thanks for that.

The ID & OD i'm referring to are of the ring (which is the first thing the screws bolt into) labeled 1 in my picture and black in colour - i need the two diamters of this ring.

Thanks again.

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

Is section "a" funneled in shape or has it the same diameter the whole way through to the middle where the lip is, it seems to vary depending on the angle of the picture.

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

90 = Diameter of the center plate

16 = Distance from the outside of the plate to the start of the bevel leading to the horn button.

23 = Distance from the outside of the plate to the end of the bevel to the horn button

If this doesn't make sense, I can take a picture of how I am taking measurements.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5