• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No freaking way

norm

Crazy... This car has been sitting in a shop around the corner from my office for weeks. I went and looked at it several times for another member on the board who passed on it because there were signs of a previous accident. I think it was listed on Craigslist for around 3k. I was going to snatch it, clean it up and throw it on Ebay but it looks like someone beat me to it...

Curious to see how much it gets flipped for. I was actually surprised bimmer bro's didn't snatch it earlier.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Yeah, I'd totally drive that one. I've kind of always wanted more room for friends, but I love the old school BMW scene. A nice, Megasquirted NK car would be nice to add to the garage. Lots of room in that engine bay, too!

b918_12.JPGbe54_12.JPG

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

Agree with Norm -- definitely something fishy here. (Being on a car website doesn't add instant 10X value...)

Tom

No kidding. Either the guy made a mistake in the bidding process or he owes the seller money. I was kind of hoping that the NK cars would stay cheap so I could afford one in a few years!

ScreenShotBid.jpg

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog

I didn't see this auction before this post but it looks like he's bidding against a reserve - you know how it works - bid 5000 - reserve not met - bid higher and the listing says reserve not met - and then in some frenzy of excitement bid on up to 10 grand and viola` - reserve goes away -- that would be my simple guess of what happened here?

1976 2002 No. 2740935 - Engine from '75 No. 2362593 w/ cyl head off '77 320i ~~

In ebay you enter your maximum bid. If you outbid the previous maximum you are now the current high bidder. If someone bid's against you, but doesn't bid higher than your maximum, it will show you as entering a new, higher bid.

-Brian L.

'91 Galant VR-4 #665/2000

but, when I drove up with her then $3,900 asking price in hand to look at that car, extensive bondo cracking through the discolored paint over the rear passenger door and panel was found. Overspray was also seen in the engine bay. I passed. This experience absolutetly solidified my decision to never purchase a car off Ebay or otherwise without a personal inspection. The family and I did have a nice roadtrip however from SoCal.

T.R.

but, when I drove up with her then $3,900 asking price in hand to look at that car, extensive bondo cracking through the discolored paint over the rear passenger door and panel was found. Overspray was also seen in the engine bay. I passed. This experience absolutetly solidified my decision to never purchase a car off Ebay or otherwise without a personal inspection. The family and I did have a nice roadtrip however from SoCal.

T.R.

How's it going T.R. - at first I wasn't sure if it was the same car but once I read it had a 8-track I knew ;)

As I recall the seller was not completely honest with you before you headed up here from SoCal. It sat at the shop for several more weeks until it popped up here. Funny, looks like the nice little old lady found Ebay ;)

Looks like shill bidding to me. A NK doesn't go from $900 to $10,000 in 2 days of bidding even if it's listed on bring a trailer. I bet it's a friend of the seller trying to up the amount hoping he'll be outbid in the last days and help sell the car for BIG $ to some unsuspecting sucker.

A NK sedan just isn't worth that much especially one with an automatic and in so so condition. I've passed ones in similar condition like this one for $1500 before.

WH