• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Megasquirt Injector Wiring with ITB's

Mark92131

I am wiring up my S14 for Megasquirt through the Relay Board. I need to know what injectors are considered for Bank #1 and Bank #2. I have gotten conflicting advice from the S14.net board.

You can find my wiring diagrams at

http://markstumm.com/Injectorwiring.pdf

http://markstumm.com/Injectorwiring2.pdf

There are two versions:

Bank #1 as Injectors #1 & #2 and Bank #2 as Injectors #3 & #4

Bank #1 as Injectors #1 & #4 and Bank #2 as Injectors #2 & #3

Can someone verify the correct assumption?

Thanks,

Mark92131

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Why not wire them up as batch fire on one bank, semi sequential ( what you are trying to do ) will make absolutely no difference in HP or gas mileage figures. MS does not allow you to time when the injectors fire, they fire when the crank trigger hits ( be it a hall or EDIS setup ) if you have your trigger set up about 70btdc ( the only way to make the timing feasible for spark ) the intake valve is already closed anyway.

Charlie Mac in Sacramento.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

you're using the GPIO board. I'm not convinced at all that sequential injection is worth the bother for anything other than reducing fuel at an idle, otherwise my math says that the valves are going to be closed much of the time anyway when the injectors are firing.

Cheers!

John N

It would actually be 1 + 4 / 2 + 3 but I think JohnN is right about it not making much a difference considering the speed of the valves.

Think about it, firing order 1342. If you will be firing Bank 1 then Bank 2, Bank 1 then Bank2, etc.

Bank 1: Cylinder 1

Bank 2: Cylinder 3

Bank 1: Cylinder 4

Bank 2: Cylinder 2

forum-sig.gif

Bank definition on ANY EFI system are the cylinders that pump together. Students figure it out!

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.