• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning Plastic Grills

randerson

I used a Mr. Clean "Magic Eraser" on the black plastic on my M635. It has a built-in soft scour on it and it really does a nice job. It also works well on the headliner and dashboard with mild scrubbing. Go easy, it surprising how well it cleans.

I also found the best paint for those black area on cars is available in automotive paint stores is called Trim Black. It is the perfect luster for all exterior black surfaces on cars. SEM is an excellent brand carried by many stores.

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

Randy,

If you are looking to stay away from paints and the like, I have had excellent luck with Mothers Back to Black.

Rub it in sparingly and then buff out, if grills are bad, repeat the process. They will look brand new except for pitting in the the plastic from road rash.

Have used on all my cars over the years. Good luck.

I have found that a product called "Miracle Cloth" worked great for cleaning the dirt and haze off of the plastice grills. They look real nice,

not sure what I am going to put on them now, but would like to keep from

painting them.

RAnderson