• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So long and thanks for all the tips

Tim_in_MD

Hello all,

I wanted to post a note here after being absent from the board for so long. Lots has gone on for me and my family in the past two years (some good, some less so) but the upshot of it all is that my life now doesn't accomodate the ol' 2002. I've put virtually no mileage on it in the past 18 months and don't anticipate that changing--so it was time to move it on to a new owner. The time was right.

Today, the orange 2002 left with Cal, a lovely gentleman from Buffalo. I know the car is moving into excellent hands--Cal 'gets it' and will treat this car as it should be treated. Thanks Cal!

Anyway, one of the changes in my life is an excellent one named Harrison, who is a little more than four months old at this point. He is a great kid, and my wife and I are very, very lucky. I've already gotten him flying the colors (see pics below) as there's nothing wrong with starting him early.

So for the first time in eight years, I am '02-less. I'll still lurk as I don't think you ever really shake these cars, and I'll probably be back one day. I do want to offer my thanks and appreciation to the group here on the '02 FAQ and Roadfly before that -- I've not encountered another community quite like this (in a good way) on the web or elsewhere. I've gotten boundless good counsel and support from you guys and gals. In a word: thanks.

Good luck to all, and keep the shiny sides up.

PS: I will be around for a little longer on the For Sale board to offer what's left of my '02 parts inventory to the group. If you need late steelies, a 3.64 open diff, a 3.90 open diff, Hella 500 setup with harness and switch, or a late AC compressor bracket setup, watch the FS or email me.

post-259-13667587305045_thumb.jpg

post-259-13667587305988_thumb.jpg

post-259-13667587306928_thumb.jpg

Tim L.
Ex-1975, 1976, 1976 BMW 2002s

Guest Anonymous

Good luck with the new baby; your 2002 story is a near repeat of mine. But as the kids grow older and become more independent, '02's can creep back into your life. When my son was eight, I found a "restorable" 02 on the side of the road and have enjoyed that last half-decade getting it back in order. These are cars that never really leave permanently, they just just keep getting re-cylced through the cult. Best wishes.

Roger

BMWCCA 310877

1972 2002 VIN 2575613

1992 e34, daily driver

1982 320i, traded

1973 tii, sadly traded

1971 1600, traded

Cute family. But you are wrong to express the sentiment that you are long gone.

There is precedent. The next time you post, all you have to do is change your signature to: "Tim L.(Sorry I sold it!)" No further explanation will be necessary!

LOL

now I am going to grab a kleenex!

Good luck in the future.

Where can I buy a onsie like that for my son!

Drop by your friendly local BMW dealer and order one from their parts department. My sister in law actually ordered this one from BMW over the web...should be in the accessories catalog.

Tim L.
Ex-1975, 1976, 1976 BMW 2002s

You'll be back. They always come back.

Congrats on the "life changes"!

My wife and I went for 6 years without an 02. We still went to the 02 fests and get togethers. Just remember that ownership of a 2002 IS NOT REQUIRED to part of the madness here. Where else can you go to see boobs, ask about industrial coffee makers, see bloody skunk pictures, and, oh yeah, talk about cars and stuff? My wife has her book club, I have the FAQ.

You may go without an 02, but you are always welcome here.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes