• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flush side marker lense help- Please

need help with wiring flush side-marker lenses they wireing is different from the bubble side lenses. 2 wires into 2 huckups on the old and can't figure out how the flush lenses will huckup. Also what type of bulb is used in the flush lenses-its different from the old bubble style. Pictures of the huckup and bulb would be awesome if anyone has them..

Thanks for any help,

Dave Bid

post-1442-1366758699082_thumb.jpg

post-1442-13667586993226_thumb.jpg

1st do a search here for euro turn signal conversions.

There are a couple ways to get it done.

One is to use the type of bulbs sold by Uhaul with the pigtail wires and tape over the normal bulb contacts.

Another is to remove the cadmium plated frame from both the old and new ones by drilling out the rivit, use the reflector from the new ones in the old frame. Use a hollow pop rivet to install the frame in the new lens, remove the rivit head and size the hole for the screw. Use the same bulb and wire the same as you removed. (you did write down the wire colors to which stud didn't you?)

Keep the parts correct, ie. right to right and so on. Don't mix up or it becomes a puzzle.

I did the 2nd method so the wiring diagram matches as new instead of a cobbled affair.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

need help with wiring flush side-marker lenses they wireing is different from the bubble side lenses. 2 wires into 2 huckups on the old and can't figure out how the flush lenses will huckup. Also what type of bulb is used in the flush lenses-its different from the old bubble style. Pictures of the huckup and bulb would be awesome if anyone has them..

Thanks for any help,

Dave Bid

The simplest way is this provided you have two things.

1) 12volt test light probe

2) Solder iron

Leave the Euro assembly as is. Insert the bayonet type two contact bulb as US spec'd.

The remaining exposed solder spot on the back of the bulb, the one that does not meet up with anything, you solder the lose wire lead to.

The only thing this makes for is when changing a bulb you can not just easily pop it out. Not a big deal in my book.

The test light is for you to determine which wire lead is the turn indicator and which is the parking light.

The bigger filament inside the bulb is for the turn signal.

Just another method not involving tape and rivets.

You're gonna love the way you look with them I guarantee it.

But what do I know

I did another way. Got a "Clearance light" at the Auto parts store. Took it apart, took the bulb and socket portion and tacked it (welder) on to the Euro mounting assembly. Bent it around so that bulb was in the right orientation.

Loved the way it worked, as I can now easily change bulbs. Could have just as well bolted instead of welded.

Got the idea from searching the archives on the subject. You might try the same, wealth of knowledge!

I followed these instructions:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,289380/highlight,parking+light+mod/

BTW: Mods, PLEASE add this write-up to the "body & Interior section of the FAQ or FAQ Articles Construction Zone section. This is very helpful and isn't easy to find using the search feature. It's sad to see write-ups like this get lost.