• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

924 seats, wow!

mankins

I went to the junkyard today to look for parts for my mb 240d (great highway car) and saw a 1982 Porsche 924. I thought, oh what the hell, might as well look.

Anyway, it had these really sweet black leather seats and the junkyard only charges $13 a seat and the Recaros in my 1975 02 are pretty worn to say the least so I yanked them. Not an easy job unfortunately because the seat tracks were rusted solid. Well, a half a can of pb blaster and many a busted knuckle and finally got them out as well as the big cheesy Porsche emblazoned reflector from the back which I'll hang in the garage. I got them home, and I'll be damned if they didn't bolt right in. A little lexol treatment and they look pretty darn great. The driver seat has tears but the seats have a bunch more integrity to the bottom as they have a metal lattice holding the foam up as opposed to Recaro's cloth mesh.

So, if you happen to see a little 924 in the junkyard, give it a look.

By the way, anyone know whether the 924 wheels would go on an 02? The ones on the car were 4 bolt, 14 in, and I think eight-spoke. They kind of resemble a spider. If so that might be a little freshen up for my car as well.

Regards, Phil.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to the junkyard today to look for parts for my mb 240d (great highway car) and saw a 1982 Porsche 924. I thought, oh what the hell, might as well look.

Anyway, it had these really sweet black leather seats and the junkyard only charges $13 a seat and the Recaros in my 1975 02 are pretty worn to say the least so I yanked them. Not an easy job unfortunately because the seat tracks were rusted solid. Well, a half a can of pb blaster and many a busted knuckle and finally got them out as well as the big cheesy Porsche emblazoned reflector from the back which I'll hang in the garage. I got them home, and I'll be damned if they didn't bolt right in. A little lexol treatment and they look pretty darn great. The driver seat has tears but the seats have a bunch more integrity to the bottom as they have a metal lattice holding the foam up as opposed to Recaro's cloth mesh.

So, if you happen to see a little 924 in the junkyard, give it a look.

By the way, anyone know whether the 924 wheels would go on an 02? The ones on the car were 4 bolt, 14 in, and I think eight-spoke. They kind of resemble a spider. If so that might be a little freshen up for my car as well.

Regards, Phil.

post up some pics if you would. I've been looking for some different seat ideas for my car and am curious to see what those look like.

As far as the wheels go, I believe the porsche has different lug spacing, so those wheels probably won't work.

paul

post up some pics if you would. I've been looking for some different seat ideas for my car and am curious to see what those look like.

As far as the wheels go, I believe the porsche has different lug spacing, so those wheels probably won't work.

paul

.....Anyway, it had these really sweet black leather seats and the junkyard only charges $13 a seat ...

You must be talking about Chesterfield Auto Parts! I was out there today myself for the first time in ages!

Thanks for the tip on the seats, I will keep an eye out for them in the future.

You are now the third Richmond '02 owner I know - we need to have a meet or something.

Regards,

-Jayson

.....Anyway, it had these really sweet black leather seats and the junkyard only charges $13 a seat ...

You must be talking about Chesterfield Auto Parts! I was out there today myself for the first time in ages!

Thanks for the tip on the seats, I will keep an eye out for them in the future.

You are now the third Richmond '02 owner I know - we need to have a meet or something.

Regards,

-Jayson

924 wheels are 4 x 108mm, same as the Plymouth Cricket (and others).

1971%20Plymouth%20Cricket.jpg

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

924 wheels are 4 x 108mm, same as the Plymouth Cricket (and others).

1971%20Plymouth%20Cricket.jpg

Delia

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

After looking at Stacey's car with the seats, I'm now embarrassed to show my pics. I only put in one seat thus far and its in my parts car which has no carpet or console so its easier to maneuver around. My seats are black. I did feel like a kid this morning: sitting there in my parts car bouncing around in the new seat grabbing the steering wheel.

Stacey were yours reupholstered or that way when you got them? Anyway, kudos, your car looks great. Phil.

By the way, speaking of pics, how do you upload them? Can't seem to find the way.

After looking at Stacey's car with the seats, I'm now embarrassed to show my pics. I only put in one seat thus far and its in my parts car which has no carpet or console so its easier to maneuver around. My seats are black. I did feel like a kid this morning: sitting there in my parts car bouncing around in the new seat grabbing the steering wheel.

Stacey were yours reupholstered or that way when you got them? Anyway, kudos, your car looks great. Phil.

By the way, speaking of pics, how do you upload them? Can't seem to find the way.

Jayson-

Absolutely. Chesterfield Auto Parts is the best. Scary, but its one of my favorite places to waste time. Since I have a bunch of crappy cars, I tend to be there a good bit.

I don't see too many but over the years (I've lived here 11 years) I have seen a few 02's here and there in Richmond.

Phil.