• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Note on my windshield today

KFunk

Today I was leaving the rallycross at National Trail Raceway, and stopped for a few minutes at a huge truckstop along I-70.

Not sure how I missed him, but when I came out there was a post-it note under my wiper, which says as best as I can tell:

"I owned a '69 that I bought from [Charlie Nemeth-Continental Spotts(??)] in Fall 1968- only car I ever bought new. Best car (overall) I ever owned. Nice to see one again. Do you subscribe to Hemmings sport/exotic?

John C. Kovalo (??)

B.S., O.U. '66

Also an Appalachian & proud of it"

He probably saw my Ohio University med school faculty parking permit, as well as decal that says 'Appalachian-American.' I also have a BS from OU, '03, wish I coulda told him. Hope he noticed the SCCA inspection stickers, helmet in passenger seat, and fire extinguisher mounted in footwell.

I wonder which dealership he is referring to, as I can barely make out the handwriting.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

You made his day.

How far was the rallycross?

What kind's of roads did you go on?

Ray,  Current BMWs, 1973 BMW 2002, Turkis, and 1997 BMW 318i 5sp avus blue.  Drove a lot and sold over the years, in reverse chron.

1997 m3 coupe silver, 1998 318ti red, 1996 318ti red,

1973 2002 Agave, 1971 2002  GM brown

from back in the late 60s until at least the mid-late 80s. I used to go to Cols monthly for a meeting and would stop there for parts (I didn't like the dealer in Dayton--he jacked up parts prices about 25%).

That's where I got that nice cast bronze BMW logo belt buckle--from their parts dept.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

You made his day.

How far was the rallycross?

What kind's of roads did you go on?

No roads at all, it was a muddy/grass field :)

The 02 could've done awesome..... but it was my first time.... and things break.... soooo.....

I drove someone else's '93 Nissan Maxima, which had been run over by a semi. All that V6 torque to the front wheels really did no good, just threw mud all over the place. But in the afternoon heat we put snows on the front, and it was much better.

I've gotta run a RWD car for the next one in January. Thinkin about usin my miata w/snows and a hardtop, or gettin a spare police cruiser we have at home.

Thanks for the info mike, I knew somebody in the area would remember where.

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser