• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

13"x8" wheels?

zturnidge

• Alpina

I have a set of Ronal Racing (magnesium centers 3 piece wheels) that will go on my newly purchased racecar. here are some pics. Jack Healy's old race car.

P1012179.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

and the wheels

Ronalrng-1.jpg

Ronalrcn-1.jpg

055-1.jpg

216076178_f7bd6a7470-1.jpg

413911223_2ef522b6bb-1.jpg

For sale:

(2)13x6 (2)13 x8 BBS 3 piece wheels there were on a center lock racecar but still have 4x100 pattern.

BBS1387_1.jpg

BBS1387_2-1.jpg

And my oldtime favorites

AlpinaVersion4.jpg

AlpinaVersion3.jpg

1alpina1395x13.jpg

3alpina1395x13.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

• Alpina

I have been looking for a spare for those ronal racings for years with no luck.

the BBS's are for sale email me at mojojoy at gmail dot com

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

you can often find the 13 x 8 et4 rotas on ebay for about $450 shipped. i know miata guys run them in autoX quite often.

and, i've always wondered: why put the narrow 175 or so tires on the wide wheels? it always seems to be a VW thing. just for looks i assume, but wouldn't it be horribly dangerous to drive on those? i suppose it's one way to get low profile tires in a 13" size.

'74 turkis 2002ti(-i)

you can often find the 13 x 8 et4 rotas on ebay for about $450 shipped. i know miata guys run them in autoX quite often.

and, i've always wondered: why put the narrow 175 or so tires on the wide wheels? it always seems to be a VW thing. just for looks i assume, but wouldn't it be horribly dangerous to drive on those? i suppose it's one way to get low profile tires in a 13" size.

I hope this helps; It's not just a VW thing, The reason for stretching tires is to increase tire/sidewall stiffness which is needed when drifting. If you look at alot of drift cars, they run super stretched tires and smaller diameter wheels that range from 13" to 15" wheels because they spin faster and are easier to break loose. As to why the VW guys need all this... beats me! They have front wheel drive cars, trying to pull off a "RWD look." -Cyrus

Brad,

You my friend are right,it is a V.W. thing,my old 78 German spec.GTI. Koni coilovers,2000cc ABA Block,bosch CIS injection,leather Recaros,caged,big cam ported polished head etc. Made 128 H.P. at the wheels 7.5x14 Revolutions with 195-45-14nToyo T1s tires,totaled Dec.2005.Rode like a brick.

Action02.jpg

Jonathan

12-31-041978004.jpg

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.