• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

S14 TBs on an M10

Lee

Hi Pete

I just like experimenting. I don't mind spending time at least trying to fit S14 TBs on an M10 head... Jusr for the fun of it.

Yes I still have a few 48 and 57.3mm flanges

Lee

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

that seems pretty do- able-

what if you made the flange thicker (like 1"-ish)

and used THAT as the transition from S14 to M10?

Fewer welds, more grinder- ing, I guess...

t

PS, you kids and your reading abilities crack me up...

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Most likely, I will cut a 15mm flange (standard thickness) and have it cut to the following draft, where the top and the sides of the port's shape is S14-like, while the bottom is like M10. The TB will be welded on the inside and outside. Porting between the flange and head will be required.

Intakeflange_layers2.jpg

PA060091.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

• 9 years later...

I did this using an adaptor that Lee made to adapt DCOE air horns to the s14 ITBs. Set-up worked really well. My motor was vertical so these won't work for others but if anyone wants these they are now surplus as have moved back to carbs. 

Anthony

11 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I did this using an adaptor that Lee made to adapt DCOE air horns to the s14 ITBs. Set-up worked really well. My motor was vertical so these won't work for others but if anyone wants these they are now surplus as have moved back to carbs. 

Anthony

PM'd you...

BTW - That thread is 10 years old and back then S14 ITBs were darn cheap. A real bargain. Often found for $250.00 a set. Time goes by and things change. The M3 has become a blue chip collector car and TBs now sell triple the old price, when you can find a set... ;-)

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

7 minutes ago, Lee said:

BTW - That thread is 10 years old and back then S14 ITBs were darn cheap. A real bargain. Often found for $250.00 a set. Time goes by and things change. The M3 has become a blue chip collector car and TBs now sell triple the old price, when you can find a set... ;-)

Yep one day some collector will look at my picture and wonder why....and then how to remove the m10 flange and add the s14 flange back on. 

I did have to source a set of throttles for a motor I had last year and they were still very cheap....$300 iirc. 

Crazy times!

A

Actually, currently some people are still wondering why we were tracking our "collectible" M3s... ;-)

The only parts I kept from my M3 are a spare set of ITBs, because they are so gorgious and well engineered.

Lee

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.