• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just installed a set of 48 DCOE/SP with CF airhorns

Lee

I spent the last days cleaning up the car, and working on installing a set of DCOEs. The first set of 45s I installed were leaking and I did not have the time to get thru them again. Yesterday, I bought a set of 48s with top linkage and CF airhorns. Took about 15 minutes to synchronize from scratch. Will run the car tomorrow, after I reinstall the front and rear brakes.

Here are a few shots.

CF_Stacks_1.jpg

CF_Stacks_2.jpg

CF_Stacks_5.jpg

CF_Stacks_4.jpg

CF_Stacks_6.jpg

CF_Stacks_7.jpg

Notice on this picture how the electronic igniton module and coil were relocated in the cold and dry.

Seat_3.jpg

Seat_2.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Nice looking setup! Other than looking good, is there any benefit to having CF airhorns? I was always led to believe that the roughness of the airhorns help add a little turbulance to the air entering th carb and thus helped with combustion. Is this the case? If so do the smoooth CF airhorns help or hinder things?

Hi Pat.

Car's not for sale anymore as it would be a nonsense. Too much development on that 2002. Those stacks are not my design. They came with the carbs. They are very light, which means less suspended weight. They are smooth, and smoothness is required when entering the carburators. Then some turbulence may be needed to keep the mist, a mist, but between the carbs and the combustion chamber.

Here are two other shots. Finally installed my own kit but with the big Superlite. Overkill and not needed, but as the car is a demo, why not? I also installed the way more expensive vented rotors with directional vanes. I actually had a small glitch when doping the install. On the backside, the discs has a smaller inner diameter than the regular vented UL rotors, and interferes with the caliper mounts. It took 5 minutes with a grinder to rectify the situation. I removed a bit of material from the mounts. I will speak to Rick about that as he is the only one who ordered the vented directional rotors.

Rear_02_Superlite_1.jpg

Rear_02_Superlite_2.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

awesome! where did you get the air horns??

about your brakes.....

Any brake setup that would fit under 13" wheels? We are bound by the rules in VARA to run 205/60/13 max size. Also we must run drums in rear.

So might be looking for a front setup that would fit under 13"rims. ANything like that? A vintage legal kit basically? Would require a smallish caliper and rotor.... id dunno what do you think.......probably alot of vintage racers out there that would like a kit like this.......

68' 1602

98' ///M3 Sedan

88' ///M3 Sold *

06' ///M3 Competition Pkg Sold *

http://www.bmw1602.com/

topbanner.gif

What company did you buy the carbs from? I'm interested in where those air hornes came from. I've been looking all over for some stubby ones for my 40 DCOEs. Even though yours aren't the sleeved kind like I'm looking for, maybe they make some also.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

Any brake setup that would fit under 13" wheels?

IE already makes a kit that uses e21 rotors and Superlite calipers for thiose of you who run Tii struts. Call Jeff. Davantages are numerous. Lighter caliper, wider selection of pads. Ease of pad swapping.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

What company did you buy the carbs from? I'm interested in where those air hornes came from. I've been looking all over for some stubby ones for my 40 DCOEs. Even though yours aren't the sleeved kind like I'm looking for, maybe they make some also.

Hi Michael.

I bought the carbs used. They were installed on racing Corrado. I have no clue who makes those airhorns. Nonetheless, Jenvey makes them in the UK. But they are pricey.

http://www.jenvey.co.uk/

AHc_m.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Thanks for the info. Huh, actually using my rough English Pounds to USD head math conversion, that sounds about right or actually on the cheap side. Too bad they're across the pond and I don't want to send air hornes back and forth trying to get the right fitment.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

yoyr car continuues to amazw. where is your ignition box...i'm blind...mallory or crane. what dizzy?

I use a simple Crane XR700 and Bosch blue coil. Both are located in the passenger side footwell, under the dash. You can see the coil and module.

Seat_3.jpg

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.

Holy Tons of airflow, batman!

Are you choking them down- or spinning it to 9k?!?

t

Those 48 currently run 38mm chokes. Those carbs seem to be more solid that 45s, and I find them better built. They definitely are a fw notches above the Spanish 152s with their horrible casting.

Massivescript_specs.jpg

Brake harder. Go faster.