• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT--I took my first ride tonight on my new toy...

skipsfcr

BMW G650X Challenge enduro...Fits my needs living on the edge of 1+million acres of Ouachita National Forest. Brand new, "0" miles. I rode it from the BMW Motorcycle dealer in Little Rock tonight approximately 30 miles toward Wye Mountain...6 miles from the house I jumped on a logging road and rode the rest of the way home. Man what a rush!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Zer Sweet. I am kind of surprised BMW put out an enduro. Dirt bikes are pretty much non-existant in most of the East anymore.

I decided not to renew the license/insurance for my enduro just last week. I grew up with access to tons of trails, and there was a strong rider base back in the day. All the trails have been lost to development. The few remaining trail corridors have been officially developed into bike paths.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002

Now that is a nice bike.........

I too have never seen a bmw dirt bike

Happy Trails,

Jb

'69 2002 (M2 for 2012) daily driver

'71 911 T (2.4s) powered Weekend joyride

'67 VW Crew Cab Turbo truck parts hauler

--------------------------------------------------

www.eurovintageparts.com

EXCELLENT !!!

Bet you'll be taking the l o n g way home everynite -

and up earlier to smell the countryside. ENJOY

..........and YES - BMW makes motorcycles,

and YES - BMW has made 'dirt' bike a long time,

and they made a car called the 2002. Not the YEAR.

pic7reg.jpg

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

It's a really neat bike from a technical standpoint: Weighs 317lbs. dry. It's powered by a single cylinder liquid cooled engine, actually manufactured by Rotax for BMW. It's liquid cooled, fuel injected, and makes 53HP and ~44Lb/Ft torque. It features a catalytic converter and heated O2 sensor and is alleged to be the most fuel efficient bike in it's class...Actually after looking at the big Jap enduros there is no other bike quite in its class. KTM makes the only bikes similar and comparable KTM's are awesome but pretty spartan. The bigger KTM's cost way more $. The rear suspension on this bike is a giant airbag set-up, fully adjustable of course as are the beefy inverted motocross style front forks. 10.6" suspension travel both front & rear. In keeping with sensible break in procedures I traveled at varied speeds last night. I did have to open the bike up moderately a time or two and easily hit 75mph in fourth gear with fifth still to go. Bottom line it'll go a lot faster than I'll realistically ride on a dirt bike. The other badassed thing about this bike is that it still carries BMW's 3/36 warranty and 5 year emissions/powertrain warranty as well as roadside assistance.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Great looking bike, Skip! Not much of a motorcyclist here, but I know what I like....

Coincidentally, I was reading today about the BMW HP2 Sport, which is just being introduced. Looks great in Motorsport colors:

Check it out here:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2007/August/aug28-sept3/aug2807bmwhp2sportmodelpictures/?R=EPI-94060

BMW-HP2-Sport-1.jpg

HarryPR

BMWCCA #19290