• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73' Round Verona Full Resto

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tom, no ETA at the moment, going surfing in indo in the next few weeks for a couple of months so i'll try to work it out after i get back.

Maybe towards the end of the footy season. Carn' the Catters!

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

1973 RHD Verona - Project

1974 RHD chamonix - Towed 

• 1 year later...

Nice work Will - considering you have all the parts, this thing should come to together nice and quickly. Have you set a date for completion? It will be great to finall see it on the road - its been quite a journey!

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Having some trouble with timing, got my dizzy recurved, not sure whether to install the crane at this point, or get things right with the points.

Ticked some "simplier" tasks off the list in the mean time.

IMAG1147.jpg

had some problems with purging, otherwise it would of gone swell...

IMAG1151.jpgFits up, so no complaints.

IMAG1152.jpg

This guys is giving me a hard time. Can't seem to get the right o-ring for the shaft that attaches the arm on the other side. Have tried 8x1.25, 8x1.5, 7.9x1.8 (imperial) and finally i'm hoping 7x2.0mm will do the job. I think the shaft has worn a little which is why the original spec o-rings (8x1.5mm) were a little loose and subsequently leaking - yes, I know the cover is missing in this picture.

Edited by felix_666

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

After a long, long time of putting off this job I finally got a around to it. I have bought so many different types of chrome vinyl that simply don't stick. This was sourced from a local 02er and at around $130 a meter it wasn't cheap. however, I only used about about 6-7cm worth as the roll it comes on is about 1.25m. Patience was the key, such a boring job. I just hope it stays put.

IMAG1175.jpg

This stuff worked pretty good for me to seal up cracks and worked as a bit a filler too.

IMAG1176.jpg

Phone pry tools you get on fleabay for less than the cost of a stamp - worked great at sealing the edge closest to the vinyl.

IMAG1178.jpg

The idea here was to be able to centre the pieces. I ended up with a different approach for each strip.

IMAG1183.jpg

IMAG1184.jpg

Finally, the exhaust is complete. Probably not necessary on the 02, but the ceramic coating (which is actually underneath the black) made these pieces look great. At least the spark leads won't get fried any more.

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

IMAG1173.jpgHave been meaning to install this for a while. Haven't turned it over yet, waiting to get the driveshaft right, adding a few spacers to lower the centre bearing.

IMAG1188.jpg

Makes static timing a cinch.. 

1972 RHD Auto - Sold

• 3 months later...

The bonnet was a pain, took three goes, but happy how it came out in the end, these photos are before locking the bonnet down...

DSC_01861.jpg

DSC_01881.jpg

DSC_01891.jpg

DSC_01901.jpg

DSC_01871-1.jpg

This is a temp setup, need to work out how I'm going to install it. Hopefully this will help keep an eye on my oil pressure.

DSC_01951.jpg

Nearly there....

1972 RHD Auto - Sold