• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

big fenders

TobyB

it's time to bite the fiberglass bullet-

the race car needs more rubber than can fit under those puny little

turbo flares.

Ireland, Coupeguy (king?) and Japco I've found-

anything else interesting out there?

Thx,

Toby

In Canada all weekend.

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

JK, Your car looks great!!

What tire sizes & makes are you running (front & rear)?

I'm planning 13x9 and 13x10 for my box flares, but tires are a concern. Hoosier makes a P225/45ZR13 that'll run on a 9" no problem, but on a 10" it may be too wide....your thoughts?

Mike

74 2002

Guest Anonymous

I'm planning 13x9 and 13x10 for my box flares, but tires are a concern. Hoosier makes a P225/45ZR13 that'll run on a 9" no problem, but on a 10" it may be too wide....your thoughts?

I run Hoosier 225 45 13 on 13x7's panasports.

My sponsor, Bavarian Motorsports, has a customer who runs 225 Hoosiers on 10x13 and 7x13 Keizers with no problem. I'm running 7x13 Duralights that the PO used on a 2002 GT3 car with 11 inch cantilevered slicks. l

post-290-13667579335791_thumb.jpg

73 2002 Tii Sold

71 2002 Ti Vintage racecar

84 BMW 325 E-Prod racecar Sold

• Administrators
Yup, their range is 7-8.5". I'm just wondering if I can get one on a 10" ML (panasport type) wheel.

the tire was designed to fit on a smaller wheel due to some class regulations limiting to 7" or 7.5" wheel. Very nice of them. I've ran on a 7.7" wheel and feel like i can use a 8" or may be 8.5". 10 feels a little large, but i have see it.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

The plan right now is to run it in SCCA E-Prepared autox for the first year with Formula Atlantic 13" slicks. Then I'll go back to roadracing probably vintage if I can get an org. to allow FIA Group 2 preparation. I have Hoosiers on there now. The car should be light enough for the construction and alot of people are going to this with the new rim size regs. for Prepared.

• Administrators

The plan right now is to run it in SCCA E-Prepared autox for the first year with Formula Atlantic 13" slicks. Then I'll go back to roadracing probably vintage if I can get an org. to allow FIA Group 2 preparation. I have Hoosiers on there now. The car should be light enough for the construction and alot of people are going to this with the new rim size regs. for Prepared.

I think you are limited to a 7" wheel unless you want to take the weight penalty. And i EP a 2002 starts at 2000lb. Too heavy :(

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store