• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 strut spindles

the finish would have to be severely scored before i'd worry about it. although i avoid blasting the spindles when i do them, it's not a big deal. i don't even bother masking them beforehand.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa

MGS,

One important purpose of the polished surface is where it's a journal for the inner grease seal. You will need to go in there and try to restore.

You should mask these parts of the strut, at least wrap tape to protect.

Did you have Stacey's shop blast them, or did your coater do it?

I know you have brand new struts as well, and there are two pieces that you won't need again (provided you are gutting the OE Boge valves). Take the original gland nut & the plastic spindle cap to mask. Use tough tape to seal the holes.

Powder coaters often to use a real agressive blast media, I would try to avoid having any threads hit. Screw bolts into all the threaded holes to protect them.

You can see in the pic witness marks from the hose clamp where I held this one on the spindle.

Hope you are getting that car done! Give me a call this week.

post-687-13667577918654_thumb.jpg