• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

gas pedal options

ibjettin

Are there any other options for a gas pedal other than the factory pedal mounted on the ball joints? I need to replace mine since it keeps popping off and I was checking if there was anything else out there that bolts/screws down rather than snaps in.

thanks

I ordered some of these. They are not one size fits all but custom made for our cars.

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=16_17

that still doesn't apply to the question...i too would like an alternative to the [snap'd to the floor on ball jounts style...mine never stay'd put and i ended up removing it

all the ones being linked to appear to be window dressing for the original pedal and not a replacement...if not, how do they attach top the floor

rolopedal.jpg

I PO did that. I laughed at first, but damn, a standard skateboard/rollerblade bearing presses just perfectly on the 02 pedal shaft. I use just the bearing, no urethane wheel, because I have taste.

I was planning to weld a door hinge to the floor when I replaced the floor but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I welded the stock pedal base back in.

I imagine there are weld-in pedal assemblies for the track cars but I don't have any background in that.

67 Caribe 1600

76 Ceylon 2002

I was thinking about welding on a square plate just like the brake & clutch. Not the most beautiful thing in the world but depending on how you curved the part (was going to take a section of pipe) it might just roll off the ball of the foot nicely. VW's used floor pedal boxes (beetles & porsches) right?

Did they do anything differently?

Why not just get a new pedal? Even if I were to hava a race car I'd leave the floor pedal for character. Sure beats the look of the drop down pedals (although you can get a tilton setup that comes up from the floor)

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

rolopedal.jpg

I PO did that. I laughed at first, but damn, a standard skateboard/rollerblade bearing presses just perfectly on the 02 pedal shaft. I use just the bearing, no urethane wheel, because I have taste.

I was planning to weld a door hinge to the floor when I replaced the floor but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I welded the stock pedal base back in.

I imagine there are weld-in pedal assemblies for the track cars but I don't have any background in that.

WTF is with the bright white at the top of the pic? I'm really confused

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

They sell universal floor mount "hot rod" pedals at both summit and JEG's.

If you don't want to wait I bet they would have one over at the speed merchant on Lincoln

Justin

76' 2741300 3.23.1976 021 Malaga

75' 2361164 12.20.1974 076 Amazonas

'75 o2 blog

00' 4runner (fishin machine)