• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best (anti) sway bar

I've got a 1976 that is stock. I want to improve the handling a little but it's basically for street/spirited driving. I've read some archived posts and I plan to put in HD Bilsteins and leave the springs alone for now. What is my best choice for sway bars? I read alot about 22 diameter front and 19 rear but I see a lot of bars on the market that don't always list their size. I know I hear Suspensions Technique bars mentioned alot but what do people think is the best bar for my application? Cost is some consideration. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Hey, I also have a 76. I added an Ireland Engineering 22mm front swaybar after I installed some Bilstein sports and springs. When my 02 ran (brake problems) it cornered so well. Very little body roll with this bar. It Made taking corners SO MUCH FUN!! Man, I miss it! Cant wait to get her back on the road!! Good Luck!!

www.bmw2002.com

David

David G.

1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" Smog? What smog!!

1998 Nissan 200SX "Sayuki" Can't argue with 35 MPG!!

1987 Nissan 300ZX My Dad's old Z will soon be mine!!

change shocks, it's a good time to do springs since you'll have things apart anyway. Squarelights sit up on their tippytoes due to federal bumper height requirements (taller springs on USA cars), as do the 73s.

I just installed some H&R springs on my 73 to go along with some 24 year old Bilstein HDs and the difference is very noticeable. I'm currently running 19mm bars f & r--not conventional wisdom (I got 'em cheap!) but by using urethane bushings in front and rubber in the rear, it softens the rear a bit and allows for front stiffness bias. One of these days I'll find a good deal on a larger front bar that'll clear my A/C....

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite