• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rear ended

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a 71' 2002 that was rear ended a few years ago. The damage is not extensive but did cause the body to be pushed in about 2 inches and each of the rear quarter panels have bucked inward about 1/4 inch. Has only delt with this before? And if so do you think I am better off finding a donor car body or trying to pull the rear end back out?

The car is not in great shape as this is a project. Id be looking for a clean shell only, nothing else needed, with round eyes in the back.

Thanks for all your help, this is my first time posting.

- Tom

welcome to the site!

I don't know much about which would be a better idea. I have a rear lying around I've been planning on using to replace the rusted parts of my tii. I think it's probably be a good idea if you could find a doner for cheap/free

hope some body guys will chime in!

best of luck

PS

Justin says 'hydraulic ram!'

which is probably a good idea. I mean you can try using a ram or something to get it back into shape and if you screw it up horribly then you can always cut and weld as a last choice.

I agree- fine for a 'fix it and have fun' car,

but find something nicer if you're planning on a bare- metal resto.

And even if you chop a new tail panel on, pull the damage out first,

especially the 1/4 panels.

It's not a terribly hard fix, it just takes a LONG time to get all the panels

straight, and they never really like to stay exactly where they should...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL